The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Cruiseon on June 01, 2011, 03:44:18 PM

Beware round 18-22. If GAJ is carrying an injury, he'll be rested quicker than you can say "we ain't got nuffin to play for and lets look forward to making the finals in 2012".

You think the Gold Coast have something to play for now Cruise?

meow meow

I don't know what else I could have said to make it more obviously pisstaking.

I traded Gary in at round 2 after Brown broke his face. He is one of the best 3 midfielders in the league, and has been the outstanding SC player for the past few years. He is averaging 118 or something like that, and that is pretty good if you ask me.

tor01doc

Meow meow,  got another one hook line and sinker. Love your work.

fever

he's so unpopular because he epitomises everything that's wrong with modern sport. a money-grabbing whore who would sell out his mother for an extra buck.

port2011

i got him in lastweek,  just for the fact that he can play blinders and score 150+

Joe Dirt

If you were him, im sure u'd do the same if you're career only lasted for 10 years and had to make the most of it while he could...if no one went to GC or GWS the comp would turn to shower as they would be killed by 150 points a game playing with 22 rookies every game. And why would ur hatred of him personally have any effect on how well he scores in fantasy?

mazda3mps

Quote from: Joe Dirt on June 01, 2011, 05:47:10 PM
And why would ur hatred of him personally have any effect on how well he scores in fantasy?

same reason why i dont have Drew Petrie in my team. as well as he is scoring, i just cant stand the bloke lol.

i dont think anyone decided NOT to select gaz because of their opinion on his loyalties, i can safely say most chose not to select him based on who hes playing with (toddler team).

as for gaj, i got one mid spot open and deciding between him and boyd. both at their best...gaj any day of the week.

cortez

People didn't take him at the start of the year basically because everyone knew he couldn't keep up his average and his price would drop which it has. Now he will be picked up by a few teams since he is cheaper than at the start of the year and the fact that he has had both his byes. But personally I'm not taking him. As a geelong supporter i couldn't bring myself to do it. The bloody money hungry traitor!

fever

Quote from: Joe Dirt on June 01, 2011, 05:47:10 PM
If you were him, im sure u'd do the same
no. i wouldn't.

Quoteif you're career only lasted for 10 years and had to make the most of it while he could
this is where our opinions diverge i suppose. he's not short of cash. he could've quit football at the end of last year and probably not have to work another day in his life. people say "oh, they're offering him double his money". rubbish. with his endorments and the real estate deals frank costa had set him up with he was probably getting a 20-30% pay rise. nothing to sneeze at no doubt, but also leaves room to consider ones options.

Quote...if no one went to GC or GWS the comp would turn to shower as they would be killed by 150 points a game playing with 22 rookies every game.
who cares? in 5 years that rookie team would probably be unbeatable given how high the draft picks they get are.

QuoteAnd why would ur hatred of him personally have any effect on how well he scores in fantasy?

i didn't say anything about how he would score in fantasy.

SydneyRox

On topic, I also brought him in and think he will easily avg 110 for the rest of the year, I expect a few 130+ to go with that and hope he might avg 120 odd for the rest of the year.

all about winning

Mark my words... GAJ wants to win the GC best and fairest, so he will play every game and give it everything.. Get on him now before his price goes up and up..

Swallow12

Will average 100.. so not an ultrapremium imo

bonebones

Thanks guys, it's strange how this thread has garnered much more support for GAJ's SC potential than has otherwise been previously demonstrated on these boards. Is it GAJ owners showing their love?
Teams pending, I am thinking of either GAJ or Priddis. This thread now has me totally 50/50.

ossie85

I don't think GAJ or Priddis will go under 100 much this year... but GAJ has the capacity to shoot out the odd 190... I don't think Priddis does.

cortez

Priddas will be consistent and ablett will be a bit up and down. In the end will prob both average 115. But depends if you wanna go on a rollercoaster or a nice easy going ferris wheel