Previous topic - Next topic

bonebones

Best player in the comp
Good average
198 SC highest score
No more byes
60 BE.

Seems like a no brained for me. Tappy > Mzungu / libba > GAJ

What's every1 else's thoughts on the king and picking him up?

meow meow

No brained?

Wayne Carey is the King. Or Elvis.

ajjewell

I am gunna give him a miss just doesn't fit into my plans

nathan11

was going to bring him in for libba, until he didn't make his BE >:(

swedishhmafia

no, too injury prone. if you have the balls then go for it, but i don't think he will rip out those 130+ scores consistently enough this year. plus, there are so many good mid premiums this year like priddis thompson mundy swan all that represent better value than the little master

bonebones

Just trying to get peoples thoughts on why he is not up there as an option as a premium midfielder. Everyone seems to have their reasons. I'm very interested as my gut says the best player in the comp deserves to be in our SC midfield.
Thoughts?

Torress

m8 i traded him in last week, no more byes and he has worked his way into some fitness. he's a gun - full stop. i can't answer any of those poll questions as they are all negative. i think he is a great pick! ppl argue every year why we shouldn't get gazza, this year he is obviously not as good a pick due to where he is playing but he's gonna average 110 atleast you'd think!!??  :-X

Torress

sorry didn't see the first option - doah!!! might not play EVERY game- i'm no messiah i can't read future lol!!

twinkle

traded him in last week too. Not worried

ossie85

A welcome addition to my team. He will average 110 easy I thinks, and think he will play every game.

Macman5005

I got him in last week as well. Hopefully the kids around him can keep improving as the less they lose by the higher his score will be. Champion player who has no byes left and should just rack up the points!

meow meow

He could only manage 106 points against Geelong who didn't tag him at all. Imagine what a good mid would have scored against the pitiful Cats. 

He looks like he'll get injured at some point. Look at the Brisbane game. Raines owned him and he was sooking about his knee.

He has no midfield support. Brennan, Harris, Risky, Iles don't count. GC is a team of skinny kids.

He doesn't have a decent ruckman like Ottens who misses 15 games a season, next to him.

He has lost all his skills when he moved to a new club. He is 20% slower, can't kick as far, lost his ability to read the play. Only used to get cheap handballs at the back of the packs and can't do that anymore.

Based on all that - his JS isn't even very good. I'm amazed that he is still getting a game.

BlackMamba

Yeah GCS are going to pay GAJ $1.5m for him to gt dropped lol.

Cruiseon

Beware round 18-22. If GAJ is carrying an injury, he'll be rested quicker than you can say "we ain't got nuffin to play for and lets look forward to making the finals in 2012".

Joe Dirt

Surely your taking the piss Meow?

First of all he got 106 against the underfeated team of this year who have one of the best midfields goin round, collingwood might just pip them.

Secondly you cant say he looks like he'll get injured, as he has only missed 9 games in the last 7 years so you cant say he's injury prone.

Thirdly smith is a pretty good ruckman that will only get better as the year goes on.

and lastly he has still got as much skill as when he left, i dunno if you've watched many games, but he is a genius at reading the play.

But by the sounds of your last comment ur only taking the piss and that whole message is sarcasm...well atleast i hope so