The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

If you had to upgrade to a GC player after their bye, my only considerations would be Risca or Brennan. GAj will be very inconsistent this season as Marcz pointed out.

RiOtChEsS

main concern for me is the no preseason 'hard surface' up there usually misses a few a year and nothing to play for late in the season...

inconsistency i would live with but the other factors scare me off :-X

thatguy

Quote from: Marcz on May 15, 2011, 11:35:59 AM
main concern for me is the no preseason 'hard surface' up there usually misses a few a year and nothing to play for late in the season...

he might not have anything to play for interms of finals but ablett wont be ''rested'' late in the yr unless he is really sore. the suns need him out there showing the young kids the way

BlackMamba

Yeah what happens when GCS comes up against teams like Cats and Pies? Surely they are not gonna let him do what he did to the crows. Not sure if he is consistent enough yet.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: thatguy on May 15, 2011, 01:55:46 PM
Quote from: Marcz on May 15, 2011, 11:35:59 AM

he might not have anything to play for interms of finals but ablett wont be ''rested'' late in the yr unless he is really sore. the suns need him out there showing the young kids the way
some ppl will be fine with taking that risk... i am not :-X

Bedlam

The change in support personnel may have hurt his consistency, but Ablett proved this week he is still the premier player in the competition, and he's timed his run perfectly; his second bye next week gives me two to bring him in.

I may need it, as I use most of my savings to bring in Heath Shaw for Grimes last week.
My team with 65.8k and 21 trades:

I need 528.6k to bring in GAJ. I'm thinking Toy to Hibberd and Walker to Thomas Lynch this week, leaving $288.1k to upgrade Swallow to GAJ.

Anyone think of a better way?

scotty_222

i reckon there are better options than gaz
swan / pendles

juzztheball

Your midfield is superb as it is, why not work on your weak forward and backline instead??

Bedlam

You could shuffle Krakouer and Heppel into the mids and use Goddard and Goodes to strengthen the backs and forwards. I also think there's still alot of potential in my backs and fwds. Many of the rookies there could still hit 300k and barring injury Green, Petrie, Drummond and Roo should come good at some point.

Gary Ablett Jr is the most successful SuperCoach player of the last five years. I don't think Swan or Pendlebury could've scored 198 in a side that lost by nearly 10 goals. Ofcourse Swan and Pendlebury are unlikely to be in a side that loses by 10 goals this year, whilst for GAJ it is a common occurrence

Still, Swan and Pendles both have high BEs and a bye in a month. I'll wait to get Swan, and I think I Pendles is over rated from a SC perspective.

GAJ is well priced, and his lows might be a bit lower at a struggling side, but he's highs are just as high

demon_spud

Quote from: Bedlam on May 16, 2011, 05:14:45 PM
You could shuffle Krakouer and Heppel into the mids and use Goddard and Goodes to strengthen the backs and forwards.

+1

CrowsFan

Been working out how to get GAJ myself and for me it only requires 2 trades, Swallow down to Smith then Libba to GAJ the following week. However I may decide to go a more unique option and pick up Priddis instead, he is very consistent and nobody ever seems to take notice of him. Same price as GAJ too, but will decide next week who to bring in

Bedlam

Quote from: demon_spud on May 16, 2011, 07:35:47 PM
You could shuffle Krakouer and Heppel into the mids and use Goddard and Goodes to strengthen the backs and forwards.

+1
Only where they are this week as GC has a bye and rate both higher than Conca

Marstar

Quote from: demon_spud on May 16, 2011, 07:35:47 PM

+1

I would downgrade a foward to I.Smith and Toy to Hibberd.

The following week i would Upgrade 2 out of Lib/Conc/Harris/Swallow to 2 premiums.

Then swap God and Goodes to the back and foward line respectively.

Your team will then look something like :

God, Lid, Shaw, Drum, Murph, Hepp, Lower.
Boyd, Selwood, Cotchin, Premium, Premium, Liba.
Sandi, Cox.
Frank, Pav, Goodes, Roo, Green, Darling, Petrie.

After that you need Premiums for Lower, Liba and Darling and you're looking set.

Bedlam

I like your thinking, but I was going to wait out the second mid prem til Swan bottomed out / had second bye

CFC 1979

watch that time bomb in the backline !

band-aid man

it would be nice if you knew gaj would punch out 120 - 130 each week consistantly, then he would
be set and forget. but the question is, will he ?