The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

I only skimmed that article but didn't it say that he would play as a sub in his first NAB cup game to nurse his hip.

Would seem a bit weird to be announcing team selections almost 60 days from the game.

redfield

Yeh, they were referring to the round 1 NAB cup matches against Sydney and GWS.

Maca24

my bad. could have sworn it said he'd play his first game as a sub to ease him into it.. ah well

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Maca24 on February 03, 2011, 10:11:21 PM
my bad. could have sworn it said he'd play his first game as a sub to ease him into it.. ah well
even the best (or in my case the worst :P) of us make mistakes 8)
according to m0nty's podcast he will fall in price even if he averages the same as last year :D

ELLsendon

Crushemall

It has bugging me some time how I will get ablett into my side without 2 trades if I don't pick him initially I don't have Swan to sideways trade BTW.

I think the first picked in your mids is Young Swallow with Neil Patrick Harris and Harley Davidson not far behind.

However is it possibe to cover ablett for 2 byes with another kid missing also and have to replace them in your starting side with two rookies.

I personally will take the risk like so many others and go with No Ablett and with Swallow and Harris that is the safety but if Ablett blows up where to from there.

My question is, Can I have the best of both worlds?

PICCOLLO

Wasn't sure how Ablett would go this year but after last week, he will be a definite in for me after the Suns have their second bye.  Anyone else going to get him in?

bombers482

Definitly!

Was loving the 140, my mate traded him out to Pendlebury before Pendles went up  :) I may have reminded him of it once or twice this week  ;)

ajjewell

Probably but waiting till round 9 to make my mind up, I dunno if he is up to the hard work that is ahead of him, he will get a harder tag in the coming weeks and I am waiting to see how he handles that before deciding

tferrier18

Of course...best player in the league.

He'll be amongst the regular few who score over 100 in Sun's matches.

Earlier in the pre-season I've said (probably on YSCC) that since GC are going to get smashed every week, it's going to be the Ablett's, Bock's, Rischitelli's, Harris', Harbrow's and Brennan's that will score over 100.

So far Harbrow's the only player who could regularly score close to 100, that hasn't.

Smith has been the closest rookie to cracking the tonne.

SydneyRox

I think the question might be can you afford to wait until round 10?

If he hits a vein of form his price wont go down too far....

PICCOLLO

You may be right!  Personally, I don't think he'll be heavily tagged because they won't need to do it to win.  Pendles was going to be one of my first ins but I might consider getting Ablett first even before the second suns bye if he keeps this up.  Given the way Supercoach scores, he'll be sucking the points away from anyone else. 

SydneyRox

plus, every man and his dog has got Trade Ablett in rnd 10

Will be a nice unique for the few rounds before that if you have the johnny cash

PICCOLLO

Very true.  That Collingwood bye had already got me thinking about the big C.  Ablett would be the answer.

meow meow

I brought him in when John Brown smashed his face. Brown to a rookie, Ward to Gazza. Only has one bye to go, so I thought it's good value. He will still pump out huge scores. People don't seem to realise that he was number one in the league for hardball gets. He isn't a receiver. He is unstoppable.

91 in his first game of any kind for the year, against one of the better midfields in the league is more than acceptable.