The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueboys

mmp forward/mid will be a great move in SC next year if it happens  ???

Any 1 who picks him will you have him as captain next year or are his days as captian over  ???

hawk_88

There are 3 key differences in my mind.

The first is the lack of protection GAJ will receive if playing for the Suns due to the inexperienced, weaker bodies that will be around him.

The another is that effective disposal requires someone on the other end to effectively take possession. Less skilled, younger bodies are likely to take less possessions effectively. Definitely an issue for SC. Less of an issue for DT.

The last is the Geelong play a very high possession game, much more than other teams. Their skill, experience together and maturity allow them to share it so well. That isn't going to exist on the coast initially.

Alex7089

Quote from: Master Q on August 31, 2010, 05:18:29 PM
If he goes to the Suns, I won't take him at the START.

If he goes to Geelong maybe, If he is a Mid/Fwd at Geelong, Def.
How can you go to a place where you already are? 8)
Joking but, I will not touch him at GC, will be a lot easier to target without all those stars around him.
Even staying at Geelong, I used to think not having him would kill you, nobody else could rival his scores nobody could stay away from him, I feel now he has slipped from his heights.

Master Q

Torress

seems like many are off gazza now. can't really properly procrastinate unitll he signs a contract.
ppl are good at pointing out the cons and not the pros. if he is at GC, of course the cattle around him won't be as good on the whole as the cats. the potential for his hypothetical team mates at suns to drop a mark compared to a catter dropping a mark is a fair call. but at the suns, they would LOOK for him as much as they could. he has one of the best disposals and decision making skills in the league - he'll make them look good!! he can handle a tag, not in the manner judd can but he figures out how to beat pretty much every opponent on the day. his TOG would be right up there as he will be rested up forward.
GAJ a lock - should be under 700k - no worries!

Q - can we fit say GAJ, swan and GOD into the one team in 2011?? with a prem/rookie approach, extended bench and more salary cap??
Q - if rotations are capped next year will collingwood be as effective?? how would this affect swan?? the gun C'wood mids get away from opponents easy, i think something will give in the magggies game if this is capped, not sure how tho - prob get more points scored against them

sid3bysid3

I have a source very close to GAJ and he is definitely staying now...

ossie85

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on September 01, 2010, 12:49:14 PM

Then why not say it?

Alex7089

I think another thing that has to be said is injury. He is injury prone, or at least, a complete wuss.
So without Bombers spectacular player management to help him out you could expect him to miss a lot more footy!

benjy251090

but the byes next year should help him with player management

hawk_88

Quote from: ossie85 on September 01, 2010, 12:56:12 PM
Quote from: sid3bysid3 on September 01, 2010, 12:49:14 PM

Then why not say it?

That's the thing. If he was staying he would say it. It would bolster the team going into the finals. It would stop the constant speculation and the pressure on the club. I am open to him still being undecided and take him at face value. I think it is more than likely that he will go, but I think it is impossible that he knows right now that he is staying.

Hawka

Alex7089

I think although he probably should be SC won't do that geez imagine if we could of this year, would of been a consistent forward :o :o :o The first and only.

hawk_88

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 01, 2010, 10:09:49 PM
I think although he probably should be SC won't do that geez imagine if we could of this year, would of been a consistent forward :o :o :o The first and only.

Relton Roberts consistently didn't play  :P

Samm79

QuoteQuote from: Alex7089 on Today at 10:09:49 PM
I think although he probably should be SC won't do that geez imagine if we could of this year, would of been a consistent forward    The first and only.

Relton Roberts consistently didn't play 

AND when he played scored consitantly low!

benjy251090

Quote from: Samm79 on September 01, 2010, 10:40:54 PM
QuoteQuote from: Alex7089 on Today at 10:09:49 PM
I think although he probably should be SC won't do that geez imagine if we could of this year, would of been a consistent forward    The first and only.

Relton Roberts consistently didn't play 

AND when he played scored consitantly low!
still consistant ;)