The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_ess94

ive got him and swan.
along with 2 rookies on the field and a player aroun the 500k mark

i reckon he will sitll be as good, tags didnt really affect him

Blueboys

I went with swan over GAJ this year. I like most are just not aure how he will go. (point wise)

Like at the cats the GC are still going to give him a ton of the ball.

I think I'll just wait this one out and see how he goes maybe an upgrade if he does well....

troy87

Ablett is a great player and knows how to find his own footy so i would be suprised if he didnt keep up his great record.

I agree some of the geelong players may suffer with a different game style under a different coach.

I guess this is what makes supercoach interesting all the unknowns.

DamenS

Gary Ablett has TWO byes in the first 10 rounds, a significant groin injury which will lead to him missing much of the preseason and his first game back will be against his Nemesis ... Aaron Joseph - this is in addition to not knowing how well he will play without the protection afforded to him by the big bodied and team oriented players at Geelong ... i reckon you guys are crazy, but Good Luck !!

Alex7089

Quote from: DamenS on February 02, 2011, 01:28:12 PM
Gary Ablett has TWO byes in the first 10 rounds, a significant groin injury which will lead to him missing much of the preseason and his first game back will be against his Nemesis ... Aaron Joseph - this is in addition to not knowing how well he will play without the protection afforded to him by the big bodied and team oriented players at Geelong ... i reckon you guys are crazy, but Good Luck !!
Very well said I agree with it all.
Too many questions over GAJ this season, there is no way I am picking him over Swan or Goddard. I want to see how he goes first, maybe an upgrade target. Although I doubt it.

Fletch74

Quote from: Alex7089 on February 02, 2011, 01:31:38 PM
Too many questions over GAJ this season, there is no way I am picking him over Swan or Goddard. I want to see how he goes first, maybe an upgrade target. Although I doubt it.

+1 I think you'll find that most people will look to him after Rd 9 when GC have their second bye. Hopefully he hits top form by then. Having 2 byes in the first 9 rounds is too hard to manage for a premium as good as GAJ.

You need to get off to a good start as well.

redfield

Quote from: Fletch74 on February 02, 2011, 01:34:39 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on February 02, 2011, 01:31:38 PM

+1 I think you'll find that most people will look to him after Rd 9 when GC have their second bye. Hopefully he hits top form by then. Having 2 byes in the first 9 rounds is too hard to manage for a premium as good as GAJ.

You need to get off to a good start as well.
+2. This has got to be the set play for most teams I think. There are too many unknowns with GAJ atm. Have a good look at him from rounds 2-8 and then bring him in for rd 10 if he is ripping it up (and you can afford him).

troy87

some good points there. Lets just hope he is affordable by then.

DamenS

By the way (and I'm pretty sure Alex7089, Fletch74 and redfield will also agree with me here), it has NEVER hurt me more to leave a player out of my team at the start of the season, and there is no player who has ever made me want to say "damn my Logic - he's in the team" more than Gary Ablett.  If the doubts over him playing for a new team in GC were all that he had going against him, I would have him in my team 100% and would be hoping other people dropped him due to uncertainty ...  so I'm sure we ALL understand where you are coming from !!!

Fletch74

Quote from: DamenS on February 02, 2011, 02:00:17 PM
By the way (and I'm pretty sure Alex7089, Fletch74 and redfield will also agree with me here), it has NEVER hurt me more to leave a player out of my team at the start of the season, and there is no player who has ever made me want to say "damn my Logic - he's in the team" more than Gary Ablett.  If the doubts over him playing for a new team in GC were all that he had going against him, I would have him in my team 100% and would be hoping other people dropped him due to uncertainty ...  so I'm sure we ALL understand where you are coming from !!!
Agreed ;)

Alex7089

Certainly agree with that Damen. Had to read through it a few times to work out you hadn't done a u-turn though >> I didn't realise you were talking to troy :P

DamenS

LOL - sorry about that ... I DID consider the u-turn (just to amuse myself) but am trying to act a bit more mature than that now ... for the moment ...   :P

Alex7089

The u-turn would of confused a lot of people given the convincing post you made for the other way :P Would of been amusing... for you :P

DamenS

LOL - Yep ... it would have been a huge challenge to mount the counter-argument ... which is why I almost succumbed to the temptation ...   ;D

HillHero13

maybe an upgrade target throughout the season to see how he goes. because i don't think i he will keep his 130 avg but not go to far down therfore drop in price.