Main Menu

How Many is too many?

Started by elephants, August 29, 2010, 09:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

hey guys,

in my 2011 team i am planning on having liam anthony AND andrew swallow in my midfield. i know this is fine for a team like the cats but what about the roos? i am also considering jared brennan as he is likely to move to a better club (hopefully carlton where he will receive no tag) and he has the MPP.

thanks guys LE

Justin Bieber

Byes might kill ya next year ;).

Reckon choose 1 and hope he does well (and he should).

I can see Swallow won't be my unique next year :'(. Juet like Joey and Boyd weren't this year :'(.

elephants

haha sorry HP :P

yeah i think swallow will be in a lot of teams next year but probably not mine :) other suggestion around 450k ?

Justin Bieber

Not sure as the magic numbers aren't released yet.

Either cap will be increased, or prices will fall a bit. Who knows yet :(.

elephants

okay thanks HP i am using the prices on too serious :)

Holz

im actually not sure why people are thinkinh of Andrew Swallow i could regret saying this but i think with players like ziebel,anthony and cunnington getting more midfield time he might actually drop his average. I would much rathe go that little extra and get a selwood or go cheaper and get in foley/kerr

elephants

alright thanks holzman...

yeah i liked him due to the fact he tackled a lot and you can not defend against that sort of dt point racking up. i do however see your point thanks mate :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on August 29, 2010, 09:56:04 PM
im actually not sure why people are thinkinh of Andrew Swallow i could regret saying this but i think with players like ziebel,anthony and cunnington getting more midfield time he might actually drop his average. I would much rathe go that little extra and get a selwood or go cheaper and get in foley/kerr
I reckon them coming back in could help him. Ease the pressure of him. He has players to give the ball to when he gets it.

Master Q

Agree with everything HP has said... So far.

Hawka

never gona average swan and gaza like scores but he may be ok

RyanV22

Swallow is more of an inside tackling player, much like Hayes. Swallow will be more consistent because it's harder to tag an inside player than an outside player like Anthony. That said if Anthony is allowed some space he can go boom. I doubt either player will receive the number one tag due to Harvey being there.

Wouldn't select two players from the same team in one part of the ground due to byes.

elephants

rocca

Quote from: elephants on August 29, 2010, 09:46:32 PM
hey guys,

in my 2011 team i am planning on having liam anthony AND andrew swallow in my midfield. i know this is fine for a team like the cats but what about the roos? i am also considering jared brennan as he is likely to move to a better club (hopefully carlton where he will receive no tag) and he has the MPP.

thanks guys LE

yes to anthony. no to swallow.
also research what their scoring is like as a duo it may be that when one has a gd game the other doesn't get as many possesions..

elephants

awesome thanks guys :)

why no swallow for you rocca?