Main Menu

2011 Fanplanner

Started by CFC 1979, August 29, 2010, 08:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

Very nice Monty, got a decent team now with $150k spare in the kitty  :D

also while at thanking you, would you be able to sticky my AFL Fixture Spreadsheet thread (http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23453.0.html) as I think people will find it a useful tool as the season progresses. Cheers again.

ossie85

Quote from: m0nty on January 13, 2011, 11:12:48 PM
I have adjusted all DT prices based on the assumption that Andrew Krakouer's price is a 30% discount on his previous year's average. This changes the magic number from 4272 to 4152, a drop of just on 3%. You should get an extra $300k or so to play with.

Geez, it was already too easy

8-6 Suited

Can you enter the Byes into the Select all rucks/backs/forwards/centres section m0nty. It's somewhat annoying. :p

bomberboy0618

Nice :)
So would this thing be similar to sc or is it a lowering of the magic number?

MTTY

If the Prospectus is right, Issac Smith and Prestia are MPP, which means hello Smith into the mids ;)

Hawka

bomberboy0618

m0nty

I have updated positional classifications after hearing from people who got the Prospectus. I would appreciate someone who has it checking up on my list, thanks in advance. Especially the Gold Coast players.

MTTY

Hey Monty, Sam Day is just a forward according to the prospectus, while Daniel Connors is just a back

m0nty

I have updated the Fanplanner with $5k premiums in both DT and SC for the eight experienced recycled players at Gold Coast based on Gary Ablett jnr's price published today on the AFl site, plus a $20k premium for last year's GC VFL side. It probably won't be $20k, but better to err on the expensive side I reckon. The projected magic number of 4152 was confirmed by Barlow's price, which was also in the AFL story.

PowerMan

ah, was wondering why my bank balance was in the negative this morning.

:)

CuStArDaRm

As usual Monty right on the pulse!!
Great stuff!

j_smith15

Not sure why Virtual Sports feel the need to place an excess on the established GC players.

I don't know about everyone else, but I tend to think that the established players will experience a drop in performance (without even considering DT or SC scores) due to the number of young kids in the side.

So I'd think that the price excess is basically a double blow to the players in terms of fantasy footy.

Poor move by Virtual Sports.

CuStArDaRm

True but for that extra 5 G' you get guaranteed games baring injury of course.
I think its a good move, I like the challenge and there is plenty of them this season definately gonna sought out the cats amongst the pigeons!

j_smith15

Yeah I can see your point, but I'm not sure it's really relevant... Ablett, Rischi, Brennan, Bock, Harbrow were all going to be automatic selections at their previous clubs barring injury. Fraser, Krakouer and Brown, less so...

Anyway, let's hope the Monty really is just being overcautious about the possible price increase for the GC draftees!