Main Menu

*shakes head* 2011

Started by Master Q, August 29, 2010, 06:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Maybe top 4 is a bit high for expectations bunyip but I do agree with what you are saying. I am fully expecting them to be in the top 8 come the end of the year, possibly 5th or 6th. As I mentioned somewhere else 22 of their playing list will be 22 or under at the start of the season and only 10 over 25. Great future ahead of this lot I would say

bunyip

Nah, stuff it CF, as a duly unauthorised representative of ALL footy fans except Collingwood supporters, I call upon the Adelaide Footy Club to stand up in season 2011 and help bring down the "enemy".
The cats did it in 2007 and 2009, you can ask no more of us. :)

Luigi197

Quote from: bunyip on January 29, 2011, 07:43:18 PM
Nah, stuff it CF, as a duly unauthorised representative of ALL footy fans except Collingwood supporters, I call upon the Adelaide Footy Club to stand up in season 2011 and help bring down the "enemy".
The cats did it in 2007 and 2009, you can ask no more of us. :)

possible.... not impossibllee.... but doubt it... not yet.. Adelaide still have areas to improve on, like all teams, though have a bit more than other teams. will improve by year i think and mite get a top 4 finish in half a decade..

CrowsFan

Half a decade? Are you serious?
There is a reason Adelaide were touted as top 4 last season and it wasn't just because of 4 old guys

bunyip

FANTASTIC. Now I know how to get you going. Just call your team a bunch of girls. Thats much better CF. That attitude will get you a premiership. ;D

CrowsFan

THEY ARE NOT GIRLS RAAAARGHH!
Now you have made me mad :P
In all seriousness I do have high hopes for this current murder of crows over in Adelaide ;D

bunyip

At this stage of the season, why wouldn't you be excited about your prospects? I think you have a terrific team, I would be looking at a Prelim or nothing.

roo boys!

I think last season got some experience into some of the younger guys, and showed us who can really play. So now you have a number of young players who came into their own last season and ready to take control this year.

Also, do you think Daniel Talia will play this season?

McRooster

Quote from: bunyip on January 29, 2011, 07:34:56 PM
Be honest though Macca, you must give yourself a show this season!
Last year when I started the 'Where will Adelaide finish in 2011?' topic I wasn't full of much hope.
Events in the off season at St Kilda and Collingwood may prove to be enough of a distraction to cloud their focus and see other teams take advantage, Adelaide is fast becoming one of those teams.
Now I am excited by the prospect of talent coming through. Dangerfield has served his apprenticeship, Douglas is ready to go to that next level, Otten returning, Tambling being mentored right, Sloanes aggression, and VanBerlo's game against Brisbane showed he has all the attributes to lead the side well.
I have also seen a hunger by the playing group to right the wrongs of last year at training and in media interviews.
Nobody in the playing group is mentioning the departing Veterans and have full ownership of their own destiny awaiting them.
Finals will be the reward of a strong season but the goal will be to take down the Magpies (Collingwood and Port).

roo boys!

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on January 30, 2011, 09:40:55 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on January 30, 2011, 09:17:07 AM

Also, do you think Daniel Talia will play this season?
Jenny will be one of those 'in the mix' but after an interrupted last season at SANFL level he made need more time getting runs on the board so to speak at The Panthers.
I'm sure Craig will give him an opportunity at some stage, not to begin with. He is so highly rated by the training staff that he will force his way in eventually. Form will get him in earlier should the opportunity present but it is his rated work ethic that will put him forward.

roo boys!

Alright, thanks Roost :) So insightful.

bunyip

I'm considering putting Talia on my bench. I believe if he gets a game in the first half of the season, he'll keep it.

McRooster

Quote from: bunyip on January 30, 2011, 02:07:21 PM
I'm considering putting Talia on my bench. I believe if he gets a game in the first half of the season, he'll keep it.
That's exactly the thing bunyip, if he performs and forces his way in - he WILL keep the spot because of his highly regarded work rate. He just needs a few special performances at South and he'll cement his spot.

Macca#23

Quote from: bunyip on January 30, 2011, 02:07:21 PM

Personally, i wouldn't do that. He's not in our best 25 players right now, but that doesn't mean he can be during the season. It all depends on how he goes in the SANFL. But i wouldn't think many dream teamers would select him.