Price Movements - The formula

Started by Prospector_1, April 11, 2009, 01:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospector_1

The way prices continue to evolve and yet stay proportional to points (by a factor F = $3927 in 2007) involves quite a nifty formula to adjust palyer prices each round.

Initial_Price = F * Average_Points_Last_Season.

Recent_Market_Value = F * Average_Points_In_Last_Three_Games

New_Price = 3/4 * Old_Price + 1/4 * Recent_Market_Value

In layman's terms what this formula does is move the player's price one-quarter of the way from where it was towards where it should be based on their recent form. Recent form is only calculated on three weeks' worth of points, and the price is only changed if the player actually scored on the weekend (and has played at least three games).

diddley

im no maths wizz, but a quick calculation on gary ablett jnr, and i got his price to rise to 738k in SC. am i ready the formula right?

Prospector_1

Prospector_1

smarzy

Are you saying the formula is the same for both DT and SC?

Prospector_1

No, but I reckon it's pretty damn similar - probably just a different F

nickyt

youre on fire prospector. good work mate!

ratsrabble

Quote from: Prospector_1 on April 11, 2009, 01:14:01 AM
The way prices continue to evolve and yet stay proportional to points (by a factor F = $3927 in 2007) involves quite a nifty formula to adjust palyer prices each round.

Initial_Price = F * Average_Points_Last_Season.

Recent_Market_Value = F * Average_Points_In_Last_Three_Games

New_Price = 3/4 * Old_Price + 1/4 * Recent_Market_Value

In layman's terms what this formula does is move the player's price one-quarter of the way from where it was towards where it should be based on their recent form. Recent form is only calculated on three weeks' worth of points, and the price is only changed if the player actually scored on the weekend (and has played at least three games).

Looks like

F = 4057.2

0.267 * Recent_Market_Value and

0.733 * Old_Price

gives about the right value (they are all rounded to the nearest $100)

anyone alse get that or have I calculated wrong