Main Menu

Modric

Started by benjy251090, August 27, 2010, 11:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benjy251090

hey, luca modric, will he be back this week or should i trade him to walcott in sportal?

CrowsFan

I haven't managed to find any info about his injury at the moment. The only articles I can find were all written before their champions league qualifier against young boys and they just say he will miss that. None of them mention a return date. Maybe wait till tomorrow before making any decisions?

benjy251090

thats what i was hoping but if walcott is named in the starting line up and there is still no news of modric (i have until kickoff as it is sportal), do you reckon modric>walcott is a good trade and pocketing just over $1mil?

CrowsFan

It could be cos I'm a United fan, but have always been quite sus of Walcott. He has pace to burn and some good ability but he has always been quite erratic and inconsistent. Plus he has never been able to cement a starting spot in the XI which is always a worry. However after getting a hattrick he should be in the side for the next few rounds at least, and who knows maybe this is his year to finally play to the potential that everyone knows he has.

Just had a look and there aren't really that many good people for that price so Walcott could be your best bet. But one person I really like is Adam Johnson of City (hurts me to say that). Yes he is a winger at City, but since moving there in January he seems to play pretty much every match, and I was watching the Man City v Liverfool match and he is a quality player. Maybe a bit riskier, but I think worth it

Fletch74

I'm not sure Johnson will be starting every week though CF. City have such a strong side, and with the signing of Boyata as well he may be not start every game.

I think Man City are going to be rotating their side around a bit now. IMO, it would be a very risky pick. Walcott is much safer. What about Dempsey, or even Ireland. Ireland could be good at Villa if they pick up their form. Dempsey is consistent as well.

benjy251090

cheers boys, will give it a look, i have about 8.25 mil to spend but the less the better

Andrew3737

Walcott hasn't got a lock on the first team yet. If Modric is fit, he will play and is easily Spuds' best player.

CrowsFan

Don't know what Boyata has got to do with anything Benjy, he is a defender and Johnson is a winger. Plus Boyata doesn't get a game. You're right about not starting every game, but it is the same with Walcott. I was just pointing out another option he could go. Ireland is a good option, I have him in my team and hopefully will get back to his great scoring days when City played him

benjy251090

CrowsFan

Quote from: benjy251090 on August 27, 2010, 02:48:11 PM
boyata? :S
Haha sorry benjy, that post was meant to be directed at fletch.

Do NOT get boyata!!!!

benjy251090

haha, i thought it might have been :P

wasnt planning to

Fletch74

Oops, I thought he was their new signing, but just realised that is Balotelli. My bad  :-\

CrowsFan

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 27, 2010, 03:05:21 PM
Oops, I thought he was their new signing, but just realised that is Balotelli. My bad  :-\
haha easy mistake. don't worry about it. but you do make a good point when you balotelli not boyata

Andrew3737

I would stay clear of Balotelli as well :)

Andrew3737