CrowsFan's Odds - Get Em While They're Fresh

Started by CrowsFan, August 24, 2010, 04:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Ok so here are the odds* for game week 3 of the EPL H2H League.

benjy251090 v "Superstar"
       1.40              2.81
benjy goes in to this one favourite, with an impressive squad with higher scoring potential. "Superstar" has already made 2 trades and so starts 4 points behind. "Superstar" appears to have a strong reliance on middle to lower table teams with 7 of his starting XI last week playing for Wigan, Birmingham, Fulham and Stoke.

The Mighty Ducks v Paul The Octopus
          1.73                        2.29

An impressive score by both The Ducks and The Octopus last week so could be in for a close one. The Ducks have made 2 trades however will not lose any points because no trades were made the previous week. These 2 trades could be enough to ensure the victory for The Ducks. However with Lampard, Malouda and Drogba all playing for The Octopus, if Chelsea have another big win over Stoke this week Paul The Octopus could run away with the win.

Yoda's Padawan's v JosipAndTheSkokos
           2.42                         1.61

Another 2 trades this week puts the Padawan's at a 4 point disadvantage again this week, which proved to be their downfall last week, losing to Q's Champions by just 3 points. However this does make the Padawan's a very unpredictable team with no one knowing what the trades are. On the other hand JosipAndTheSkokos were the 3rd highest scoring team last week and have made just the solitary trade so far. Safe money is on TheSkokos.

Breno FC v Q's Champions
      1.23                2.93

Breno scored a whopping 86 points last week thanks to Rooney not playing and being replaced by Carroll who scored a hattrick. No trades yet for Breno and just the 1 for Q means this one starts level. With not a single player the same between the 15 man squads anything could happen. However Breno looks to have more scoring power at this point in time.

RobsOverAchievers v Finally Coaching
            1.19                         3.41

After a slow start by Rob in game week 1, the wild card was used last week to great effect, scoring a huge 75 points, including a minus 1 from Warnock. Finally coaching scored a paltry 37 points last week, so this looks like an easy win for Rob and his Over Achievers, unless Finally Coaching pulls out the wild card to reinvent the team.

BoredToffee :) v Gregson United FC
          1.74                     2.26

BoredToffee scored a respectable 51 last week, thanks mainly to 15 points from Bale and 11 from Tevez. Oddly Sorensen was preferred in goal to Almunia. Hopefully that will be changed this week since Sorensen faces the strength of Chelsea whilst Alumnia faces the ill firing Blackburn. GUFC had the lowest score of the round last week with just 35 points, however there is some potential in the squad, and with Toffee already using 2 trades GUFC starts 4 points in front and so this could be closer than people think.

Gunz n Rozez v DONS
          1.31          2.63

Although only 5 points separated these teams last week with Rozez scoring 64 and DONS 59 this should be an easy win for Gunz n Rozez. After DONS had used their wild card last week to make 5 trades they have already used another 4 this week!! This puts them at a 12 point disadvantage in this match, which should prove to hard a hill to climb no matter what the trades were. The trades may serve them well in the future, but in the short term it looks like they are sacrificing the match to look long term.

Hello v what am i dreaming
    1.81              2.10

Hello scored 48 points last week and has used 2 trades this week, taking advantage of not using any the week before so will start level on points. what am i dreaming scored 40 points and at this point has not made any trades. However they need to get rid of Nasri who is not expected to play for some time due to injury. If a trade is made and Rooney comes back this week an upset could be on the cards.

Aussie hawkas v Lettuce United
           1.12                  3.48

Scoring a very respectable 62 points last week the hawkas start heavy favourites over everyone's favourite vegetable team Lettuce United, who along with only scoring 48 last week has made 3 trades so begins this match 8 points behind. There doesn't appear to be much fire power for LU, which could be what they were fixing, but it looks as if these hawks will be dining on salad this week.

Hilly's Heroic's v theschtokies
         2.31                  1.72

The final match of the round pits Hilly's Heroic's against theschtokies. With no trades made between either team at this stage last weeks scores are a good indication on who will win. The Heroic's managed to post 38 on the board, but theschtokies bettered that with 46 points. One problem for the Heroic's is they do not have a keeper that is playing. If that can be fixed and Fabregas and Van Persie get back in to the starting line up at Arsenal we could be in for a close match. If these weaknesses are not fixed theschtokies should win in a canter.

You can back a draw for any match at 3.25

*Odds are subject to change throughout the week depending on injuries and/or transfers

RobsOverAchieverss

Well thats was a exceellent assesment hope you can keep that up all year, With three Long term injuries and a 3 match suspension and the reliance on wigan beating blackpool backfiring it had to be played and too great affect, i think i have the Right team now wildcards are not as precisous as every1 thinks .

Master Q

Great Great Write Up CrowsFan!

Going in the underdog this week, for the first time. 1st v 2nd, should be close. I've already used my trade, and might be using a second as I'm not feeling 100% confident, like I was last week against Fletch. My fixture has a hard begging, after these first few games I'll be cruising.

Fenno

Great wirte up. Agree with all you have to say I am in a world of hurt.

CrowsFan

Yeah hopefully I will be able to keep them as interesting each week. If I start slipping just abuse me till I get back to my creative writing best haha. Yeah it was fair enough to use it Rob, I would have done the same thing in your position. And I agree about them being precious, I usually use mine by about round 5. It's better getting a good team at the start than making small adjustments each week to get it right. Plus with a second wild card this year you might as well use it early.

Oh and Q i couldn't put you favourite against Breno, however don't expect Carroll to get another hattrick so you are still in with a chance.

Fletch74

Excellent work as always CF. I was so close last week, but I know I'll be better off this week. Had to resist the wildcard. Don't want to waste it just yet.

Master Q

1.23 v 2.93?

Bookies would put thousands on me? He had Carroll who served him a huge score, and It's 1 v 2. Do you remember my Week 1 score?

RobsOverAchieverss

Cant live in the past Q, I think Brenno will be very hard to catch..Carrol scoring a hat-trick is just ridiculous .

Fletch74

That's right, he won't do it again, not in the near future anyway.

CrowsFan

Although playing against wolves he could score again. Pretty much the whole game against villa was ridiculous!

Fletch74

Master Q

CrowsFan

Quote from: Master Q on August 24, 2010, 04:50:29 PM
1.23 v 2.93?

Bookies would put thousands on me? He had Carroll who served him a huge score, and It's 1 v 2. Do you remember my Week 1 score?
Yeah Q I remember, but just looking at the squads in my opinion Breno has more people who can post huge scores: Malouda (v Stoke), Arshavin & Chamakh (v Blackburn), Bale (v Wigan), Rooney (v West Ham), and even Carroll (v Wolves). Whereas you have Lampard & Anelka (v Stoke), Milner (v Sunderland). Your defense is stronger than his but I think he will get enough from the players I just mentioned to get the win. However a good captain choice of Lampard or Anelka could put you in the box seat, if his fails

RobsOverAchieverss

CrowsFan

Which game are you backing a draw in Rob?

edit: draws for any game can be backed at 3.25. Original post has been modified