Previous topic - Next topic

Captain choices

Dane Swan (vs. Hawthorn at MCG)
11 (34.4%)
Scott Pendlebury (vs. Hawthorn at MCG)
1 (3.1%)
GAJ (vs. West Coast at Skilled)
9 (28.1%)
Paul Chapman (vs. West Coast at Skilled)
2 (6.3%)
Jimmy Bartel (vs. West Coast at Skilled)
0 (0%)
Joel Selwood (vs. West Coast at Skilled)
4 (12.5%)
Brendon Goddard (vs. Adelaide at AAMI)
1 (3.1%)
Leigh Montagna (vs. Adelaide at AAMI)
1 (3.1%)
Nick Riewoldt (vs. Adelaide at AAMI)
0 (0%)
Luke Hodge (vs. Collingwood at MCG)
0 (0%)
Lance Franklin (vs. Collingwood at MCG)
0 (0%)
Matthew Boyd (vs. Essendon at Etihad)
0 (0%)
Adam Goodes (vs. Brisbane at Gabba)
0 (0%)
Chris Judd (vs. Freo at Subi)
0 (0%)
Kade Simpson (vs. Freo at Subi)
0 (0%)
Marc Murphy (vs. Freo at Subi)
1 (3.1%)
Brent Harvey (vs. Melbourne at MCG)
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

dcmagadia21

It is time. It is time for the DT Grand Final. The all important round where all decisions you make before lockout may benefit you or put you down. One of the most important decisions a DTer should make is selecting their captain. In my case, on Round 21, I made Swan captain instead of making Goddard captain. That was a decision that will haunt me for the whole week. So, choose wisely and good luck!

Hawka

Well i wont have 2 bother with all that thx to myloss this wk

Davoo

i. dont. give. a. rats. ass.

Flame

I've stuck with Swan for most of the year and I think I'll do so next week..GAJ against WC is tempting. Hope the CAts don't rest players..especially during the match!!

jvalles

They all look so tempting...Boyd, Goddard, Dal Santo, Harvey, Riewoldt, Bartel...will have to wait for Calvins Captains!  ;D

stevemac

Take a Risk!

Top R22 Scores 2007-2009

Johnstone      154   2007
P Burgoyne   151   2008
Hargrave      149   2009
Bowden      149   2008
Milne         143   2008
Dal Santo      141   2009
H Shaw      140   2007
Stanton      139   2009
S Johnson      138   2008
Deledio      136   2009
Deledio      136   2008
Gibbs      135   2008
Scotland      135   2007

ossie85

Awesome stuff.

James McDonald or Ben Cousins for a huge last-hurrah?

Plastic Boy

Lets look at it

Swans scores have tapered slightly.... I think against the Hawks who are in form, could be a high possession game 100-110

Ablett - Should spend majority of time in the FWD line resting I reckon.  Should kick a bag of 4-5.  Score 110-120

Stevie J - Loves these games where he can do whatever he wants,
COULD kick 6 or 7
120-130

Goddard - Massively in form, cant see anyone stopping him at the moment
110-120

Chapman - He will dominate this game, I expect him to amass 30+ possessions plus a few goals 140

I think the safest bet would be locking in a Cat.  Bomber Thompson has already said he plans to play his stars this week.

I'd expect the Saints to leave a few at home against the Crows.

stevemac

Just a little formula I use to try and pick a captain each week. I take the form of the last 5 games, the record against the team in the last 2 games and the record for the ground in the past 3 games. This week I have added an extra column deducting R22 scores from year averages from the last two seasons. It isn't a perfect formula but might give you a better idea of what to do this week.

Goddard has the form and the record against the Crows, but hasn't had a recent good score at AAMI. Swan tends to score well below his average towards the end of the season. With no good reason, my DT gut instinct tells me Ablett won't score high this week.

In my opinion, Montagna, Riewoldt and Hayes are the best safe captain choices this week. There's every reason to go for a smokey, or at the very least a player not in a top 4 team as it seems to have paid off in recent years.

Good luck and well done for making the GF

ossie85

jvalles

I wouldn't even bother at this stage, there will be outs galore when teams are anounce on thurs and late withdrawels just to screw with our DT finals.  Hodge and Ablett are already being talked about being rested.  Can't imagine Geelong risking injuries against West Coast at Skilled where there B team could prob manage it.  Saints won't want to send players to Adelaide.  Collingwood have nothing to play for this weekend.  MASS EXODUS!

jvalles

In saying all that, Sandilands could be the man after a rest and going up against Warnock!  But do I want to  put the C on such a pathetic team such as the Dockers.

stevemac

I see where you're coming from jvalles, but there is a lot to be said about momentum running into the finals. Surely if players were going to be rested, it would have been before R22.

jvalles

Quote from: stevemac on August 23, 2010, 12:59:34 PM
I see where you're coming from jvalles, but there is a lot to be said about momentum running into the finals. Surely if players were going to be rested, it would have been before R22.

Teams don't seem to care about momentum, take a look at Freo, what a joke.  They prob won't win another game this year.

I would bet my left nut at least 1 player form Pies, Cats and Saints will be rested.

elephants

TWO WORDS CHAPPYMAN/BARTEL