Main Menu

breaking news - nathan bock sacked

Started by CFC 1979, August 16, 2010, 10:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Roost I meant is doesn't really matter that he left not, instead of lets say 3 weeks...

CFC 1979

i think McRooster the best they will get is around pick 24+

for a 100+ games defender and all australian that is disgusting

it will take tem 4-5 years to have someone near that level

CFC 1979

Cruiseon

Adelaide has never been a team known for its unity (good evening to McLeod & Edwards), don't see why a public shunning makes any difference if the two team ledgends never spoke because of a feud with the biggest bogan Australia ever prodeced (good evening Lleyton).

McRooster

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 17, 2010, 09:01:57 PM

Adelaide has never been a team known for its unity (good evening to McLeod & Edwards), don't see why a public shunning makes any difference if the two team ledgends never spoke because of a feud with the biggest bogan Australia ever prodeced (good evening Lleyton).
;D LOL
Spot on Cruise  8)

We were spawned out of fear by the SANFL. Touted as "the team for all South Australians" it really had become like too many cooks spoiled the broth - until Masterchef Blight came along.
As much as Edwards and Mcleod didn't get along privately they produced magnificent football together, remaining professional. You can't remain professional in Bock's case and move forward, he back doored his mates and his boss and deserves his icy exit.
Adelaide has long been reveered for its professionalism but will take years to develop unity and history, Port has had that since 1870.
Lleyton? Come on!! I think he might be related to Kath and Kim  :D

Alex7089

Yeah Bock has treated Adelaide pretty poorly through all of this, no doubt. But at least a little respect could be shown for a champ of the club.

Boomz

Quote from: Alex7089 on August 17, 2010, 10:47:56 PM
Yeah Bock has treated Adelaide pretty poorly through all of this, no doubt. But at least a little respect could be shown for a champ of the club.

Imagine how it could be when Ablett goes.... But the Cats aren't the Crows I suppose.

CFC 1979

you should have seen it here in geelong when GAJ snr retired

they sooked for most of the off season until he came back

but that was then - if GAJ goes i might go into selling tissues

Boomz

Adelaide & Craig will be even more mad when GWS come's in and steals another of their players.

Fletch74

Quote from: CFC 1979 on August 17, 2010, 08:38:20 PM
very icy press conference
It was extremely, no shaking of the hands! All going separate ways. Couldn't believe what I saw.

Ruckus

I think the treatment of Bock has been a bit harsh. Are all the players who go to the GC going to get the same treatment?
Personally, I think Bock is a good pick up for the new team. He is a great CHB, and will have a enough years left in him to assist the young fella's as they develop into more mature players. A great start for the 'Suns'.

Cruiseon

Apalling treatment of a player, no wonder Adelaide don't have any geneuine history in its short existance.

A proud, mature club would not handle the situation like that. You don't drag the player into a press conference. You say you are extremely disappointed, can't afford to match the offer, no individual is bigger than the team & you"wish him luck". Then you move on.

Adelaide are the loser on every front here, there is a complete lack of leadership from the off field team, sooking gets you nowhere in business.

Alex7089

Quote from: BOOMZ on August 18, 2010, 05:41:00 AM
Adelaide & Craig will be even more mad when GWS come's in and steals another of their players.
??? What, who??

Danger...

Master Q

But if you think about it, why was he treated like that, when many players will be leaving, some clubs need to take it on the chest imo

Fossil

The suns will be lucky to get 30 games out of him in 3yrs. Im glad adelaide didnt pay big $$$ for him, hes not worth it...Trigg is a wise man and good with his money hence why we never got pavlich back to S.A another over rated player!!!!!  :P