Main Menu

Roosters Rumours

Started by McRooster, August 16, 2010, 06:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

I honestly would not be happy if WA got another team. The rivalry between freo and west coast is wayyyyy too fierce. Go to SA PLEASE!!!!

MissPiesFF

Swanny did not sign a real contract and will rip it up at the end of the year and move to Sydney

RiOtChEsS

defintiely Tassie and WA have maSSive crowds so it makes more sense than SA...

if we get 20-22 teams then everyone can just play each other once and even up the fixture 8)

j959

Quote from: Marcz on May 23, 2011, 01:12:34 AM
defintiely Tassie and WA have maSSive crowds so it makes more sense than SA...

if we get 20-22 teams then everyone can just play each other once and even up the fixture 8)
WA wouldn't be able to support another AFL team for at least 10yrs more likely 15-20yrs ... Tassie it is (or GW(PTA)S).   ;)

Prospector_1

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on May 22, 2011, 08:04:30 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 22, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
So Q you would prefer another team from SA or WA before a team from Tassie?
I dont want a team whose supporters all have two heads!

That is very harsh!

Many comments here are on the money, but I think too conservative.

Maybe it's my age, but I still reckon 12 teams and a final four works best. It gives you 22 rounds of home and away, every team plays everyone else, once at home, once away. Very fair. Better for players' fitness and so on.

The only way to build a system that works as well as that used to is to have 24 teams, and 2 divisions. Relegation etc.

That needs to happen sooner rather than later. Tassie must have a team. NT also. Third teams from WA and SA is not ridiculous. There's 4 more, in addition to the 18 in AFL plans published so far. That can happen, I reckon, in less than 5 years. Will it take 5 or 10 years to find 2 more? Would one come from ACT, and one from NZ?

Whichever, I reckon it can, and probably will happen within about 15 years. Not 50!

Umm- we've got off topic a fair way, but I guess it IS the front bar!

Ziplock

Pretty sure there should be a ACT team. Just sayin'.

Oh and if  there already is one, just ignore that comment *shifty eyes*

Fletch74

Pros is on the money re NZ. I think I read somewhere that the AFL want to play a game in NZ next year...?

Although I think NZ is long-term dream, I really think that Tassie should have first crack before anywhere else, but it's getting the $$$ together to support them is where they fall over, same with the Territory.

At least we know if you could get a team from Tassie you can get "two in for the price of one". That would put a spike in the AFL's stats on heads per seat.... :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ziplock on May 25, 2011, 10:06:22 AM
Pretty sure there should be a ACT team. Just sayin'.

Oh and if  there already is one, just ignore that comment *shifty eyes*
Ossie would really enjoy that :P.

I think the 24 team comp/divisions could work. But the cost of getting all those teams up in 15 years could be a bit of a stretch considering if the AFL want to be tight with money ::). Tasmania should get a team as should NT. NZ will probably be last to get it though. It's a good place but could mean extra travelling for players involved which many coaches don't like long road trips.

Boomz

Tassie & NT should be next in line...

Master Q

NZ should only get a team if there are 2 small divisions (eg 12/14 teams) as It's a pain travelling overseas every 2nd weeks and it might be hard for the die hard supporters to get to games in NZ. 23 teams shouldn't have to go through the torture of travelling to NZ often.

Alex7089

I agree that the NZ team can't happen unless we go Divisions. Travelling from Perth/Brisbane to NZ or NZ to Perth/Brisbane would be horrible.
Maybe if we developed 2 divisions with relegation and promotion, or even just conferences.
Tassie really does need to get a team, in the ext decade I think, surely. If they can develop a team in Blacktown where they don't know the difference between the sound of a train and a QTR time siren then they can make one for Tassie who has been hanging out for one for years.

Master Q

I don't even recall Sydney screaming for another team? Or am I wrong?

Usman

QuoteMaybe it's my age, but I still reckon 12 teams and a final four works best. It gives you 22 rounds of home and away, every team plays everyone else, once at home, once away. Very fair. Better for players' fitness and so on.

12 teams is not enough reach for the AFL and having 2 divisions could/will mean the AFL makes the strong stronger and the weak weaker as teams drop into divison 2 who wants to watch them knowing there is a higher quality game around? then when these division 2 teams lose supporters, they lose revenue, they lose revenue they lose resources, they lose recources they lose games. AFL is following both NFL and NBA ,both very well administrated and managed. More teams means more reach and more consumers to the AFL i cant ever see them dropping down the amount of teams.

Now that i have written all this i have realised that by divisions you probably mean like different area dvisions like south east and not quality divisions like div 1, 2 etc. This could work although due to traditions in sport consumers and organisations can be reluctant to change their ways. I however would be happy to see the AFL move into 2 or 3 divisions of 12 or 8 teams it could furhter enhance rivalry.

Master Q

VIC + SA
WA + NSW + QLD

Divisions like that?

Cicjose

there are now afl cheerleaders that have found their way to this site......