Main Menu

Roosters Rumours

Started by McRooster, August 16, 2010, 06:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospector_1

Wow! No wonder there's no heart there!

Nails

Quote from: McRooster on May 22, 2011, 12:05:27 AM
The real reason that Chad Cornes can't get a game at the Power is that if he plays one or two more games this season he is entitled to an extra 70k at the end of this season. The club cannot afford that sort of payout and are sweating each week that Jay Schulz is not available.
The rest of the squad know exactly what is going on and are playing with a doubt 'will we get paid ourselves?'  GWS are rumoured to have promised to have put up the 70k shortfall for Cornes if he signs with them next year and the playing group know it.

Port to fold and GWS to recruit Port's list and become Greater Western Port Adelaide based in Sydney  :o

RiOtChEsS

Pt wont fold they would be shipped off to Van Diemens Land worst case scenario...

KG was waffling about knowing something today on DSL but wouldnt reveal sources or reasons...

Chad didnt play SANFL either fueling speculation he is done :-X

dylsta05

Alex7089

Would be terrible to see a great club like Port get shipped off. They should go back to the SANFL.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Alex7089 on May 22, 2011, 12:18:18 PM
Would be terrible to see a great club like Port get shipped off. They should go back to the SANFL.
their still there... not that its noticeable got belted by 100 pts this weekend...

Tassie r crying out for a team and should Pt fail in SA thats where they will be pushed too...

i think they r gonna be ok now tho with the Oval deal, if they can remarket their brand and address the culture they will be up and about ;)

Alex7089

Ah OK ;)
I didn't realise :P

In that case they would be much better of financially in Tassie. You know they'd get 4 times the crowd they get in Adelaide (10k at a home game is just shower) and it would just be better overall.
Sadly it would seem the AFL are more interested in overtaking the nation instead of helping existing clubs and providing a reward for a state which has been a footy state for some time.

Master Q

Even though I was born in Victoria and still live here I have been wanting to see a 3rd SA or WA team for a while now - With Port Adelaide like this it'll never happen.

CrowsFan

So Q you would prefer another team from SA or WA before a team from Tassie?

bomberboy0618

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 22, 2011, 08:01:54 PM
I dont want a team whose supporters all have two heads!

Hawka

perth will get another team in the next 20yrs i reckon

pyronerd

the competition was big enough at 16 IMO, we are getting too many teams, its all about the money not about the football these days

Hawka

the afl wil b a 2 didivsion system in under 5o yrs

Master Q

No. Tassie first. 20 team comp. The normal 16 + GC + GWS + Tassie + Another SA/WA team.

Hawka

Quote from: Master Q on May 22, 2011, 09:42:17 PM
No. Tassie first. 20 team comp. The normal 16 + GC + GWS + Tassie + Another SA/WA team.
i reckon NT has to be considerd anddd
New Zealand in under 20 yrs with trent croad as there coach :)