Joel Selwood

Started by millsy123, April 08, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsy123

joel selwood in my eyes has been a little disapointing in the first two rounds.. especially the fact that i was tossing up between him and gibbs. Gibbs is looking super at this satge.
Any thoughts from fellas who have selwood or an opinion on him?

Bo

Round 1 he gave away 6 free kicks, so his score would have been closer to 100, i think he went a bit crazy after the early knock.

I think people have put too much expectation on him. Sure he ruined collingwood, but so do all the midfielders.

I'm not sure if trading him out is the best play, altho if you wanted to hop on gibbs or goodes thats not such a bad play either. He'll come good but dont expect him to score too much more than last year. He's better this year but he'll also get more attention.

selwood09

selwood will average over 100.
absolute champion.
NEVER!!! trade him!
im shocked you would even consider it

TigerFever

I Agree with Selwood09 as Gave to many free away agiasnt Hawks (like Bo said) and when he played Richmond he was told to play on the wing out of the middle of the ground as they had a early game on Thursday so basically he was told to take it easy and he is only averaging 82 which isnt too bad. Dont Trade.

Hondo71

Keep him!

I am.

Not every gun any of us picked was going to fire from round 1, just ride it out I reckon.  If that's your biggest headache then you are doing OK compared to me!

Cool9

You must be joking considering trading J Selwood out. He could be one of the best midfielders in the comp by year's end. People seem to have short memories (no offence intended) ... 2 games ago he got 191.

micklovin

Let's not forget he scored 191 against kids!! Not taking anything away from the guy, he's an out and out champion. It would probably be a waste of a trade going to gibbo, but if you were ever gonna do it, get on gibbo while he's hot! U can never go against good form!

brownmans muffins

I'm second-guessing myself on J.Selwood.
I haven't made any trades this season & will likely drop Hasleby for Rich first.
Next one is either Adcock out for an upgrade or Selwood out for an NDS or similar - at less than $50k extra you might be looking at a solid 15-20 points per week difference with better overall potential.

ronl

I reckon Selwood is copping a fair bit more attention this year, but he's a champ and will come good.  My problem is getting his mate Gazza into the team - so stupid leaving him out.
Any comments on the following:
trade Foley(thing he's at his scoring peak) for Rich,
trade Morton, then use cash reserves to afford Ablett.
Midfield would then be:  Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Tuck, Thompson(adel), Rich,
Robinson, Dangerfield.

mightykelz

i have both selwood and gibbsy and will stick with them for a while, really happy with gibbsy early, but selwood has been a let down. no point trading him now though, give him a few weeks and ill be expecting a few 100+ scores coming from him. best of luck with your team millsy 123

millsy123

boys boys boys. you must re read my post! i meant tossing up before the season to go selwood or gibbs. i do not do sideways trades, especially for a premiuim. i am not trading selwood.. not even thinking about it. all i am saying is before round 1 i tossed up between joel and bryce and gibbs's good start makes selwoods start a little more frustrating.!

Cool9

Too true ... too true. Re-read your post and you aren't considering trading him out. Right you are. Well, at least you got our opinions on Selwood.

Bo

Prospector_1

Yep, take the advice, do the trade this week.

Cool9

Yeah ..... please do trade him. Suits me if everyone else is without Joel Selwood and an extra trade down. He is rubbish after all ...

Hoping his slowish first two games did entice some people to waste a trade getting rid of him.