Anomalie / flaw with the MPP?

Started by glam77, August 13, 2010, 09:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glam77

The rules use of multi-poisition players seems to have a flaw from what i can see.

I undertsand that a player can only be moved to another position if there is another player with the same positions for which he can be substituted.

ie Fwd-Mid can be substituted with Mid-Fwd with a stariaght forward substitution.

But take another example...
Fwd-Back
Back-Mid
Mid-Fwd

In theory it should be possible to do a 3 way rotation, but from what i can work out this seems impossible with the current set-up of DT.

All 3 MPP have positions which can be subsittuted for another player, yet due to the moves having to be done 1 at a time, this is impossible.

Has this anomalie ever been raised before? Is there any way around it?

JamesBadge

There is. I've just spoken to Andrew Demetiou and the boys at Champion Data, and they are going to change the rule in time for you to ensure victory over your little cousin Susan.

valkorum

Quote from: glam77 on August 13, 2010, 09:56:28 AM
Fwd-Back
Back-Mid
Mid-Fwd

In theory it should be possible to do a 3 way rotation, but from what i can work out this seems impossible with the current set-up of DT.

I dont see this as an anomolie as none of these players can swap with each other.

ossie85

Fwd-Back
Back-Mid
Mid-Fwd

I agree, you should be able to do that! And it maybe set up that way next year, but unfortunately not this year :(

glam77

Quote from: valkorum on August 13, 2010, 11:37:37 AM
Fwd-Back
Back-Mid
Mid-Fwd

I dont see this as an anomolie as none of these players can swap with each other.

in a 3 way substituation they could, but the system doesn;t allow this.

glam77

Quote from: JamesBadge on August 13, 2010, 10:50:28 AM
There is. I've just spoken to Andrew Demetiou and the boys at Champion Data, and they are going to change the rule in time for you to ensure victory over your little cousin Susan.

Awesome! Susan is going down ;D