Rd 19 Captain thread!!

Started by HillHero13, August 01, 2010, 07:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What captain should i choose for round 19?

Montagna
2 (6.5%)
Goddard
14 (45.2%)
Selwood
1 (3.2%)
Ablett
10 (32.3%)
Hodge
0 (0%)
Swan
2 (6.5%)
Other
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 4

ossie85

Every team has a plan to subdue Ablett and Swan. Most weeks, they fail miserably.

I'm still backing Ablett.

SCADDICT

I'm gonna go Ablett too. Hodge has screwed me over for the last time, never giving him the  big c again.

wardie

My opponent has not got SWAN but most of out other midfield is the same.

Question i ask is do i just nominate SWAN as C as whoever he nominates i will get half their score anyway. I have had GAJ perma C all year but i can see merit in making someone your opposition does not have as C.

sunny_side_down

My choice of captain all year has been dictated on a few things..
1- Playing either Richmond, Port, Kangaroos Brisbane Eagles or Essendon
2- Form
3- Must be from Geelong Collingwood or Saints
Has worked for me all year and will be doing it again this week, Goddard for me :)

Torress

i tell u what, stufffing around with captain 1st round of finals!!!
this pies v cats game raises the question i guess.
end of the day the 3 main men, swan, gaj and GOD are all averaging practically the same yea?? perhaps it won't really matter, i'd be concerned with bench cover more so
all that said, i'm gonna go GOD this week as i don't have swan ( =( )
reckon the sainters will want to bounce back to rule out any doubt they are in the mix, may result in GOD having a big one - fingers crossed

Bennyy

I know for a fact my opponent had Ablett as captain last week, as with many weeks this year. I rate my team better so the question also lies, do I try and go with the same captain as him and hope the better side wins, or go for an extra edge for the risk..
Opponent doesnt have Swan and I do, and Goddards record at Etihad is fairly good. Tough call....

Torress

i'm going for GODdard this week, u wouldn't tag him would u?? surely Kornes will go to NDS this week

fever

montagna for me. had 140 v port last time, goddard vice.

rory

Chipmunk

Quote from: rory on August 06, 2010, 05:55:17 PM
What about Judd? hmmm
I am thinking Juddy may be a POD. Only concren is his injury from last week, but could be a smokey.

CrowsFan

Quote from: HillHero13 on August 03, 2010, 08:48:08 PM
Quote from: Carnthedockers on August 03, 2010, 08:47:05 PM
Boyd has to be up there ..

his my captain..

1) easy opponent
2) none of my opposition have him..

same here. and i go for the opposition!

tom_scully

Lost 3 players in my forward line, so taking a massive risk on Gilbee and hoping for a miracle.

Slashers

Finished 4th in league, playing top spot to go to the prelim. Top spot lost 1 game all year, to me ;D
I'm already down though (thanks to Russell and Betts), have a bit of gorund to make up. I went GAJ as C, they went GODDARD! Hopefuly that goes my way and I can make up the difference and have a good crack on Sunday.
Have you seen GAJ's record against Collingwood in 2009. 3 games (including 1 NAB), 150, 160, 150!! :o
And my feeling is that Goddard doesn't play too well against Port. Fingers crossed.