Screwed by Bartel and Shaw

Started by DevilsReject, July 29, 2010, 09:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevilsReject

So basically I'm currently sitting in fifth in my league. I can't drop any lower but a win could potentially see me in second. However my team is:

DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Carrazzo, Waters, Strijk, Webberley (Grimes, Shaw)

MID: Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Montagna, Hayes, Vince (Gysberts, Shuey)

RUCK: Sandilands, McIntosh (Warnock, Trengove)

FWD: Pavlich, Harvey, O'Keefe, Higgins, Rockliff, Brown, Podsiadly (Fyfe, Hughes)

My opponent has Shaw, Bartel and Pods out too but will have playing cover for them all. If Webs doesn't make the cut on the bench things will only go from bad to worse. Earlier in the week I wanted to do Pods to Roo but I'm not sure if this is my best option now?

7 trades left, $140,900 in the bank

Bazinga

I've got exactly the same problem. I'm swapping Pods for Riewoldt and copping the big 0 with Jimmy . I'd be a lot happier if I still had 7 trades left . Only got 3  :-[

hardnut

Grimes to Gilbert/Lake/Scotland, Gysberts to Hardingham.

RiOtChEsS

Fireballz

yer seems the thing to do! or if webs is named tmr afternoon then you can trade gysberts to hardingham and still do pods to roo and then upgrade webs next week? if you reckon roo's price is gonna go up that is...

RiOtChEsS

yeah i reckon grimey is done for the year

Sharker18

DevilsReject

FFS, been called into work and have to make the trades now. Looks Like I can't wait to see if Webs is named.

jvalles

Quote from: DevilsReject on July 30, 2010, 02:20:52 PM
FFS, been called into work and have to make the trades now. Looks Like I can't wait to see if Webs is named.

Webs should play mate, can't see why he wouldn't.  Def bring hardinham in for bartel cover though.

DevilsReject

Hmm, I'm not so confident. Cousins, Farmer and Rance should all play so that leaves one spot for him to fight for.

I see Xavier Clarke is playing this week. I can trade Gys to him and then put Goddard in the mids and upgrade Grimes to Gilbert. Clarke opens up MPP plus he might have a better scoring chance against Melbourne at the Gabba as opposed to Hardingham against St Kilda.