Crunch time trades - pls comment

Started by Plastic Boy, July 29, 2010, 08:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Boy

Advice on trades.

4 Left, 120k in the bank.

Ballantyne and Rioli to Didak and Reiwoldt.

Team is as follows:

Backs:  Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Carrazzo, Waters, H.Shaw, Fisher
Mids: Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Selwood, Montagna, Watson
Rucks: Sandi, McIntosh
Fwds: Goodes, Pav, ROK, Franklin, Pods, Rioli, Brown

Ballantyne on bench in the FWD line. Rather have Pods as backup then Ballantyne.

Rioli has big b/e and dont like his inconsistent form leading into the finals

Fenno

great trades. I wouldn't even think twice about making them

hardnut

I like getting Balla out to Riewoldt but Rioli had his first poor score in about 5 weeks so don't see him as a huge issue. I'd view Shaw as even more inconsistent and as a higher rest/injury risk. Haven't done the sums but could you get Goddard for him? or certainly Scotland/Gilbert.
My 2c good luck either way.

Plastic Boy

The hawks are on the road in adelaide and Sydney, and he has scored poorly against both of those teams already this year.

I do understand he has scored well over the last 5 weeks but I could see him as being a liability leading into the finals, whereas collingwood play all their games at the MCG and Roo should blow essendons weak defence out of the water.

Thinking about Lecras kicking 12 against Essendon, and Buddy making the bombers look stupid, they clearly have a weak backline, so Roo should dominate this week.

RiOtChEsS

hardnut

sounds like the decision is made. Just can't help feeling there is not enough upside in Rioli-Didak with 4 trades left (3 with Balla-Roo) remember Cyril was clearly not fit first half of the year so those early scores need to be taken in context. Didak is playing well but he'll still be there later (as will some other options) if you hold for now. Give Cyril one more week!

ok I admit I love watching Cyril play which biases my view.... :D

Fireballz

dude i agree with fenno make the trades!  8)

jvalles

any chance Pods will be rested though?  Ballantyne would not be rested I wouldn't think and has seasled his place in the side.

bundyboy

there you go....PODS rested this week with 'general soreness'...