Goose v Hendo v security?

Started by McRooster, July 28, 2010, 08:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

I'm going to Melbourne this week for rnd 18, 3 games in three days.
I won't have access to team for final trades and positional placements as we fly in Friday arvo, straight to apartment, quick check in, off to pub, then to Etihad.
My conundrum is this...
I have Heater and Hendo on field, Webbs and Goose (Emerg) on bench in backs.
I have Phil Davis and TDL as my bench forwards. (no cover)

Do I move Hendo to my fwd bench in MPP switch with Davis and bring Goose on to play down back with Webbs then as emerg.?

It's really Goose v Hendo v security :-\

roo boys!

I think not, because you will want Hendo to start will you not?

jvalles

Depends on who your forwards are and if anyone is likely to miss?  Hopefully Davis will come back in for a showere Bock.

I'd be playing Henderson in your backs with E on Maguire and an E on Davis and hope he plays.

I get the problem though, do you take a possible donut or leave yourself with cover every where to not take the donut.

McRooster

Fwds should all play...Pav, Gia, ROK, Stevie J, Rockliff, Buddy, Pods :-\

Do you think I need the security of Hendo with these guys or maybe even bench Pods and play Hendo fwd?

jvalles

Quote from: McRooster on July 28, 2010, 08:57:38 PM
Fwds should all play...Pav, Gia, ROK, Stevie J, Rockliff, Buddy, Pods :-\

Do you think I need the security of Hendo with these guys or maybe even bench Pods and play Hendo fwd?

I like that idea, Pods to emergency, play Hendo up forward & Maguire in the backs with Webbs as your other emergency...problem solved. ;)

McRooster

Yeah, I'm liking that more when I actually place them that way in my team - balance and set structure, security.

jvalles - I wouldn't hope on Davis if you have him, only had 13 touches for my boys in a disappointing loss to Glenelg :'(

jvalles

Only hoping so oyu have cover, so I guess a shower DT score is just as bad as a 0...he is a hopeless DT scorer.

elephants

go with hendo. seems to be stuck in the team and he is posting some good scores. have fun in melbourne! i am very jealous rooster! :P

McRooster

Quote from: jvalles on July 28, 2010, 09:27:17 PM
Only hoping so oyu have cover, so I guess a shower DT score is just as bad as a 0...he is a hopeless DT scorer.
True but  >:(.
I love the straightback, he's destined for Bock's role.
Don't agree about shower scoring being just as bad as a donut, would much rather have had a donut last year in SC ( :P) for Taylor Walker when he scored -6 for the game!!!

Still won that game though ;)

jvalles

Quote from: McRooster on July 28, 2010, 09:37:47 PM
Don't agree about shower scoring being just as bad as a donut, would much rather have had a donut last year in SC ( :P) for Taylor Walker when he scored -6 for the game!!!

Supercoach is WHACK. :P

McRooster

Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2010, 09:32:02 PM
go with hendo. seems to be stuck in the team and he is posting some good scores. have fun in melbourne! i am very jealous rooster! :P
Will do LE!
Go the Bulldogs! (Sth Freo)  ;) Love the red and white! ;D Ashton Hams looks like comfortable now, won't see him back too soon at the dogs you reckon?

Cockadoodledoo!

jvalles

Quote from: McRooster on July 28, 2010, 09:43:35 PM
Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2010, 09:32:02 PM
Will do LE!
Go the Bulldogs! (Sth Freo)  ;) Love the red and white! ;D Ashton Hams looks like comfortable now, won't see him back too soon at the dogs you reckon?

Cockadoodledoo!

Pity he got suspended for 3 weeks.  :o

McRooster

Quote from: jvalles on July 28, 2010, 09:40:04 PM
Quote from: McRooster on July 28, 2010, 09:37:47 PM

Supercoach is WHACK. :P
Yeah I whacked Sheedy last year in the GF by plenty! :D

valkorum

Quote from: McRooster on July 28, 2010, 09:43:35 PM
Go the Bulldogs! (Sth Freo)  ;)
Cockadoodledoo!

Go the Blue and White (East Freo), although both teams are 1 game out of the 4 but the Bulldogs have 2% better percentage than the Sharks

The Sharks are smashing in the Reserves (2nd) and Colts (1st) though.  The colts have only lost 1 game

elephants

go the red and blacks (perth demons). i like them cos they suck and no one else likes them.  haha soo soo jealous of you rooster i will be sitting a maths test :(