Trades - Opsss I did it again! lol

Started by Blueboys, July 28, 2010, 04:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueboys

Ok, I have had trouble every year with keeping enough trades come finals.

You guys who have 6+ trades right now!

HOW DO YOU DO IT

It's been so hard to not trade. I did no trades in the first 4 weeks this year and was going well but then did the double trades.....  :'(

My team is looking good and I don't need any upgrades but I have only 1 trade left for finals this year! I always make the finals too.... lol

Last year I had 2 trades come finals! lol

So for next year can you give out any tips on how to limit your trades  ???

buddy4pm

Give up drinking on Thursday and Friday nights.

Blueboys

Quote from: buddy4pm on July 28, 2010, 05:02:21 PM
Give up drinking on Thursday and Friday nights.

Tips not life changes!  ;D

ossie85

Ah, BB. I use to have this problem and I'm quite happy with my 7 trades left atm.

Keep the faith! Is how you do it. Be stubborn and back players to get back in form. It will work half the time, and trades only work half the time, so it ends up being even anyway!!

Dave085

Ive saved my trades by looking at the games i have that week and if i have them covered and want a player then i just wait a week. Ill sacrafice points and would be doing much better in rankings but it works very well for leagues.

Unfortunately i lost 2 games in a row using this strategy (However, they are the only 2 i have lost all year) but well worth it in the long run.

Blueboys

I feel I could have saved a few trades when playing the bottom teams too but when you want to get prem's in your team it's hard not to trade...

The other side is I would hate to have 6-8 trades come finals then bow out in the first final.... ouch  :P

Maybe next year I am thinking no trades first 4 weeks, then 1 trade per week an no trade when playing weak teams....  ::) giving me 6 trades come finals could work.

Sounds good but....  ;D hahahaha

DevilsReject

Quote from: ossie85 on July 28, 2010, 05:47:05 PMKeep the faith! Is how you do it. Be stubborn and back players to get back in form. It will work half the time, and trades only work half the time, so it ends up being even anyway!!

Basically this. There's almost never any point in trading out an under-performing gun because he will generally bounce back and the player you get in could very well have a form slump or an injury.

Also it depends on whether you're playing for the highest ranking or to win your league. If you're going for the ranking it's generally a simple strategy of filling your team with premiums as soon as possible and hoping things don't go wrong in the last few weeks. Going for the league win requires a bit more patience and holding of those trades for when they are very crucial.

Justin Bieber

Maybe destroy the computer round 12 and buy a new one in Round 18 lock out ;D.

Could try not logging on for a few weeks unless a player is dropped or captain/emergency changes.

Many make another account to use to waste trades instead of their main one.

CFC 1979

BB there are a few rules you can follow
it does depend if your going for the cash, going for position or going for a league win

rule 1 - research early helps you get your team right from the start. By this i mainly mean your second tier players , rookies and most importantly a playing bench

rule 2 - put players on your watch list and have an idea what round you may bring them in

rule 3 - have faith in the players you pick. if you are confident they will score well hold them

rule 4 - do not sideways trade. always a wasted trade

rule 5 - manage your cash cows. hold them until they are completely topped up. Don't jump onto the next big thing for the sake of it ( barlow obviously an exception )

rule 6 - do not trade because you are pissed with a player. another wasted trade

rule 7 -  if you are like most of us, out of the cash fairly early then monitor your opposition you are playing. there are always donuts a-plenty in other teams. if you can win your game with no trades then the better

rule 8 - i agree - do not get on the piss thursday or friday while editing your team

rule 9 - make educated decisions - research where you want to trade. if you need 2 trades to get a player but can get another similar player with similar average with 1 trade consider the 1 trade

rule 10 - do some research early in the week. don't wait till thursday / friday to start doing the sums

rule 11 -  do not i repeat do not do your trades until friday after 5pm

Blueboys

Thanks guys! CFC1979 going by your rules I think I broke a few which could be my problem! lol

Broken rules:

3 - B.Hall traded
4 - Rioli
6 - Hall and Rioli (at the start)
11 - I know had a lock in player in Gram then (Well i thought) lol

I love Hellopplz  part about the pc!  ;D Don't think the famly would be too happy! lol

I would think a forum next year for rookies who have peaked would be well worth while. It's one of the hardest things to work out when a rookie has peaked and ready to be upgraded.....

xiamendude

My two cents would be getting the bench right.

Had wed, farmer in backs,
Trengrove, bast in mid
Warnock, lobe in centre
And watts, hitchcock in forwards

They have helped me not trade by using them when I thought the player was out of form or missing

+ no booze or extras on friday

Blueboys

Quote from: xiamendude on July 29, 2010, 02:31:27 PM

+ no booze or extras on friday

The booze is for after lock out when you find the guy you just selected is a late withdraw! lol  :'(

HillHero13

im in the same situation.. still got some trades left though.. but use alot of trades early.. i just cant stop..

Alex7089

Like ossie said keeping faith is the best policy. I am sitting nicely with 6 trades left at the moment. I have a plan to double trade every week and take out the cup X2.
Just whatever you do, don't trade out a proven player for the sake of form. It is the only way  8)

Bosh

Agreed. With premiums don't trade on form, Always ride the bad scores and they will repay sooner rather the later you, Goodes for example.  ;)