pods-riewoldt?

Started by plugz19, July 27, 2010, 05:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plugz19

hey i was reading a few posts and sort of made me realise how sh!t my bench cover is for forwards (playfair [retired], TDL [no good])
i want to get riewoldt in for the underperforming pods, and have alot in the bank (290k)
team is this:
back: goddard, hodge, enright, duffield, fisher, goodwin, waters (roberton, ash smith)
mids: swan, montagna, ablett, j selwood, gibbs, trengove (blair, gysberts)
rucks: sandi, cox (warnock, mcnamara)
fwds: pav, higgins, ROK, franklin, harvey, brown, PODS (playfair, TDL)

an option for me to to trade playfair for riewoldt, have quality bench cover and then still have about 60-70k to upgrade trengove (to someone like simpson, cornes, didak) just before finals, or just trade out pods to riewoldt, leave myself with no bench cover and then trade out trengove for someone like boyd
thoughts and opinions please??
or i could just trade

Plastic Boy

Mate with alot of players in line to be rested, having decent bench back up is a must...

I'd go Playfair to Roo.. and then you have Pods on ur bench.

plugz19

yeahh i know
im not confident of jarryd blair js though, so i could just trade pods to roo, leaving myself with no bench cover on the forwards, but then trade jarryd blair to someone like didak/simpson/cornes, leaving me trengove on the bench (good cover for mids, more likely that mids will be rested)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Plastic Boy on July 27, 2010, 06:22:27 PM
Mate with alot of players in line to be rested, having decent bench back up is a must...

thatguy

Quote from: Marcz on July 28, 2010, 02:19:00 PM

+1

McRooster

+1
Rnd 22 Cats v Eagles at Skilled, it'd be nice to bring Pods off your bench for that one, in case of any late season resting + his scoring potential at Skilled.

Flame

Quote from: thatguy on July 28, 2010, 05:15:58 PM
Quote from: Marcz on July 28, 2010, 02:19:00 PM

+3
+1

Johnnysd

playfair to Roo now then sit on the next trade for blair to improve to his highest price then piss him off for an upgrade as soon as he's not playing and in a Collingwood team that could happen this week next week who knows? That way you have Trengove on the bench

plugz19

wont have enough cash to leave trengove on the pine and upgrade blair to a gun, so its pretty much a decision over whter i want forward or midfield cover....

browny_wce

Quote from: plugz19 on July 27, 2010, 05:45:03 PM
an option for me to to trade playfair for riewoldt, have quality bench cover and then still have about 60-70k to upgrade trengove (to someone like simpson, cornes, didak) just before finals, or just trade out pods to riewoldt, leave myself with no bench cover and then trade out trengove for someone like boyd
or i could just trade
exactly what im planning to do mate! the playfiar to roo trade
boyd is a must and will make ur mids look VERY powerful
how many trades u got left tho?

plugz19

Quote from: browny_wce on July 29, 2010, 12:13:45 PM
Quote from: plugz19 on July 27, 2010, 05:45:03 PM
or i could just trade
exactly what im planning to do mate! the playfiar to roo trade
boyd is a must and will make ur mids look VERY powerful
how many trades u got left tho?
ive only got 4 mate
the thing is with my funds its either trade playfair to roo, then only get someone like juddy or kane cornes in the mids
or i can trade pods to roo, then would be able to get boyd for trengove
so its either have no cover on the pine for the forwards, and have boyd
or have pids on the pine for the forwards and have kane cornes on my field

valkorum

This trade is looking better now that JPOD is not playing this week