the 1 player to give you the edge

Started by CFC 1979, July 27, 2010, 06:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoredSaint

RICKY HENDERSON :)

gets around 80 but is getting better now that adelaide is playing well..

I also have Kennelly which is out of most teams already but hes too inconsistent

Dave085

I have a pretty stock standard team really.
I brought in Henderson when he was 200k for Zeibell, didnt really know if i was making a good choice or not but hes worked out well and helped me hold off another trade.

My other one is Jamar. Hes pretty consistent in the ruck and am happy with his scores for his price. I didnt really want to spend big on the rucks this year. I wouldnt say he gives me an "edge" but he has freed up cash for me to spend elsewhere.

CFC 1979

at least you haven't had to replace him

ie seaby - hille - kreuzer ect

Samm79

QuoteFor me it's Adam Schneider. I love that guy! He just needs one good quarter in a match and he can do nothing for the rest of it. 102 on Friday night and he only played well in the 3rd term. But if he doesn't get that 1 good quarter in I have to accept a 60-odd...

Wish he still played for Sydney.

traded him out in round 4, first season coach spastic move....

Sam Mitchell is my unique, 27K teams have him. All others at least 50K have them.

Surprisingly 54K still have Barlow!!

plugz19

Quote from: Slap on July 27, 2010, 12:36:29 PM
jw, if a team is averaging 2300, wouldnt that make him close to first place in the nation...  jw.
yeah my bad. meant 2100-2200, highest is 2172, just checked..

ossie85

Quote from: Samm79 on July 27, 2010, 02:43:03 PM
Surprisingly 54K still have Barlow!!

That's because the nuff-nuffs ran out of trades by then

Flame

What about Heath Scotland?? Not many teams I play have him. I thinking Lake may be a good idea too- as previously thought!!

Davoo

plugz19

craftcoat

For me there have been 3 crucial uniques that have been terrific so far:

Daniel Cross (had him all year)  ;D

Jarod Harbrow (all year)  :)

Heath Scotland (brought him in after rd 6 for Silvagni)  8)

- Cross has really stepped up this year in terms of dream team output. His kicking and marking has gone up a ton this season allowing him to reach higher scores with less possessions. Last week's 132 was pivotal for my team. The free flowing game style of the dogs is allowing Cross far more space than he's been used to, gathering a lot more uncontested possessions (which are gold in DT).

- Harbrow made a lot of starts (70 somethings) early on this season but has  since then worked to become a very reliable 6th backman, pumping out solid 90's and just recently back to back 100's. His 134 point effort last week was the turning point in my league match.

- Scotland: What can i say? picked him up at around 375k for rd 7 and went on to score 4 back to back hundreds. Apart from a 58 against the dockers, he hasn't missed a beat and made me look like a true genius... :P

Plastic Boy

Rioli... will be crutial for the Hawks if he can string together some form.

And DT wise he can score huge when in form... He is my unique but having said that I am probably trading him for Chapman for consistency...

vman33

i picked up deledio at the beginning of the season for consistency and am pretty happy with his 95's week in week out...

Payney95

Harbrow & Boyd(Unique cos had him at the start, and stuck by him when he was injured

ossie85

Quote from: Flame on July 27, 2010, 05:03:52 PM
What about Heath Scotland?? Not many teams I play have him. I thinking Lake may be a good idea too- as previously thought!!

I don't select traitors

Higgins07

I am also looking to pick up a unique for the finals. Think ill go for N. Riewoldt atm. Hope the other teams in my league dont pick him up  :)