Main Menu

Is Neil Craig right? or why was he wrong?

Started by McRooster, July 26, 2010, 08:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Neil Craig listed three things about the Crows loss to Port on Sunday...

1. Innaccuracy in front of goal.

2. Port were more intense at the ball.

3. Defensive players trying too often to outmark their opponent instead of punching the ball.

The innaccuracy by Tippett, Walker and Henderson was nervous energy, often dropping the ball awkwardly under the spotlight of finals type pressure experienced in Showdowns.
Port at the centre bounce and round ground stoppages were cleaner and more focused, led brilliantly by Cassisi - Crows sorely missed their on ground General, Goodwin.
Bock was under-done and was too busy trying to create play than doing his job in defence. It was a game of defences and Bock took too long to realise and adapt his role, the discipline of Davis would have been more useful.

It was an awful spectacle, but winning ugly is still winning and things don't look pretty for the Crows.

Hawka

also it was the first time in a long long time that none of edwards,mcleaod,burton and goodwin  played just a sign of the future

McRooster

There is alot of speculation about next years leader and none of the talked about players took the opportunity to show why it should be them.
Scott Thompson maybe, but Bock, Rutten, Van Berlo, Doughty (whose best effort was tossing the coin) don't seem to have that ability to demand and extract the best - they are more followers of the directed task.
Dangerfield is the hope for the future, maybe not next year or the year after, needs to be signed still though.

Pavlich ???

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on July 26, 2010, 09:02:18 PM
Pavlich ???
Wouldn't hold your breath any longer :P. If he didn't come during Freo's dark days, i think it will be impossible for him to leave now.

Thompson could be a good leader next few years until a younger player is ready to step up for the leadership.

McRooster

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 26, 2010, 09:50:32 PM
Quote from: McRooster on July 26, 2010, 09:02:18 PM
Pavlich ???
Wouldn't hold your breath any longer :P. If he didn't come during Freo's dark days, i think it will be impossible for him to leave now.

Thompson could be a good leader next few years until a younger player is ready to step up for the leadership.
I know we've discussed the Crows captaincy before HP but I think I will hold my breath for as long as it takes....Pavlich seems to like the colour purple :D

Just not sold on Thompson, I want to be....but I'm not.

nas

With Thompson being a former Port boy have any thing to do with your & the club thoughts.

I know it shouldn't But?

ossie85

Crows captaincy is an interesting question.

Bernie Vince?

CFC 1979

should have listed 4

why did i play bock and drop davis
he's not going to stop bock going to GC

bernie vince captain for mine

Justin Bieber

Don't think Vince can play with pressure on him. Last year gunned it but this year when the eyes were all on him, crumbled :(. What would Captaincy do to him!!

McRooster

Quote from: CFC 1979 on July 27, 2010, 08:41:23 AM
should have listed 4

why did i play bock and drop davis
he's not going to stop bock going to GC

bernie vince captain for mine
Craig addressed Bock/Davis in a way with statement 3 and my interpretation of that in notes underneath was more specific.

Agreed that Bock is going to GC, a fresh start for him. He still can not walk the streets of Adelaide with his head held high and not have people whisper behind his back when he's walked past - re the slapping incident.

Bernie Vince  collects the fines around the club now for all the minor player and official indiscretions - that's all the responsibility he'll get I reckon.