For the First Time This Year: It's SC VENT TIME!

Started by BratPack, July 25, 2010, 08:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

Let's take stock. Shall we? I have a premium midfield. I have a premium forward line, I have a premium back line, the last of my inuries are gone, my side is set with trades left over for the finals.

So what did this team of premium players serve up for The Pack this week? One of the few weeks of the season that they've all been together? 2300? Nope lower. 2200? Wouldn't have been bad but no keep sliding. 2100? The Bare Minimum for what should be premiums? Nope You're still far too high. 2000? The means of passing early in the year? If I had have had that I would've been mad but no need to vent, you're still giving them too much credit. 1900? The score any bottom feeder would take at their lowest ebb? Keep sliding.

ONE FLOWERING EIGHT FLOWERING THREE FLOWERING ONE! I COULD GET A TEAM OF ROOKIES AND GET 1831! WHAT IN THE FLOWER ARE YOU COWS DOING? I SHOULD SEND YOU ALL FOR CAT SCANS AND SEE IF WE CAN'T FIND A HEART OR PERHAPS A FLOWERING SPINE IN THERE! YOU SHOULD ALL BE FIRED, OR PREFERABLY FIRED AT! Messrs Enright, Gilbee, Cox, O'Keefe and Bartel especially. I have really had it with you. DON'T THINK I WON'T PUSH THAT FLOWERING BUTTON!

F.....M....L

Prospector_1

Very Excellent vent BP! There were some seriously underperforming premiums this week, and a bunch of premiums maquerading as passengers as well!

Runnin Scared

Agreed! My poor performing premiums cost me a league win. >:( >:( >:( >:( :o

ossie85

This time of the year always separates the real deals from the wannabes :)

Master Q

Good Vent There, you could of just asked to scream in my ear... no wait... that would make me...

Justin Bieber

I share your pain BP :'(. Lowest score of the year with the following:

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 25, 2010, 05:29:33 PM
Side has pulled in a season low of 1950 :'(. There goes my streak of 2000+ every round this year ::).

5 tons in total (not including capt) >:( >:( >:(. Lets play the name and shame game :D:

Gilbert, Enright, Rhyce, Hurn, Grima (late withdrawal so got Webbs score), Montagna, Gibbs, Dal Santo, Boyd (as Capt), Sandi, ROK and Pods >:(. That's about half my team there >:( >:(.

haooyy

Had my worse week as well, though did manage to scrape past the 2000 mark. My rucks Cox and Sandi very disappointing. Brown, O'Keefe, Enright and Bartel also very poor effort. I don't really blame Montagna for his low score, I blame the Etihad surface. What a disgrace it is.

tony73

Quote from: ossie85 on July 25, 2010, 08:45:28 PM

This time of the year always separates the real deals from the wannabes :)

I dont think it does Ozzie, it brings the uniques to the front looking at my 5 leagues, most the top teams are suffering in the same boat, I got beaten by my wife who is in bottom 8 of two of my leagues where Im on top!

Some premiums are now tapering off for finals or getting extra attention (Enright, Gilbert) :'(

Remember its Fantasy! 

ossie85

All about depth in your list, not just the premiums. Had two late withdrawals (Goodwin, Wells), Sandi, Tippett, Enright, O'Keefe all failed epically, and still got 2198. My team's been average at best for the year, but with 7 trades left, I'm feeling confident.

tony73

Quote from: ossie85 on July 26, 2010, 10:12:00 AM

All about depth in your list, not just the premiums. Had two late withdrawals (Goodwin, Wells), Sandi, Tippett, Enright, O'Keefe all failed epically, and still got 2198. My team's been average at best for the year, but with 7 trades left, I'm feeling confident.

Not depth from this weekend Ossie, not many fantasy relevant players missed, most were very poor (Enright,ROK, Gilbert) or picked up injuries (Dalsanto and Montagna) in my case, no-one missed for me and 2200 not good enough in my book for finals when I had a string of 2400-2500 scores mid season!

I think you will find many finals matches will be won/ lost between 2000-2100 mark! we were getting spoiled earlier with rookies like Pod and Barlow scoring well for around 100k outlay!

hawk_88

The upside if you are playing for league and not overall ranking is that as long as you are in the finals, the under-preforming premiums that you don't have become cheaper.

If you have done the right thing and kept trades (I have 6 trades and 700K in the bank) the finals can start to look very rosie).

That being said I feel your pain BratPack, I was in a similar position last where my best 22 for the year was all free of injuries and got one of my worst scores. This week was similar but Goodwin was out so not quite my best. Better now than come finals time though....

tony73

Quote from: hawk_88 on July 26, 2010, 12:19:05 PM
The upside if you are playing for league and not overall ranking is that as long as you are in the finals, the under-preforming premiums that you don't have become cheaper.

If you have done the right thing and kept trades (I have 6 trades and 700K in the bank) the finals can start to look very rosie).

That being said I feel your pain BratPack, I was in a similar position last where my best 22 for the year was all free of injuries and got one of my worst scores. This week was similar but Goodwin was out so not quite my best. Better now than come finals time though....
There was an article that said Goodwin may have played his last game! But with 7 and 700k your sweet

Blueboys

Cox and Sheppard nearly cost me a win this week.  >:(

Eski got me over the line with a 115 in a poor swans team.....

hawk_88

Quote from: tony73 on July 26, 2010, 12:46:50 PM
Quote from: hawk_88 on July 26, 2010, 12:19:05 PM

There was an article that said Goodwin may have played his last game! But with 7 and 700k your sweet

Was gonna trade Waters to Enright after the next round. If Goodwin is out Waters will get a stay of execution.