The Most Underated & Overated Players In AFL Thread.

Started by Windigo, July 25, 2010, 08:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiGZ

you cant really say that about gumby, it is his first full season playing and he is a tall. he has shown in games this year that he will become a very good player. lets revisit this in 3-4 years time.

elephants

Quote from: MiGZ on July 25, 2010, 09:43:21 PM
you cant really say that about gumby, it is his first full season playing and he is a tall. he has shown in games this year that he will become a very good player. lets revisit this in 3-4 years time.

agreed same with nic nat

HillHero13

Quote from: MiGZ on July 25, 2010, 09:43:21 PM
i know he will be great then... but coming from an essendon fan i know what all the other fans are like.. they expected alot from him.. thats what i was saying.. i didnt really expect alot from him though.. just knowing what the supporters expect is a little bit more knowledge..

elephants

and i get the same as a west coast fan about nic nat :P

thornz23

well im preti much locking both boyd and cross into my team next year

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on July 25, 2010, 08:11:21 PM
Swallow from the roos definately under the radar.
Yep. Great player who doesn't get noticed alot even though he literally leads the Roos midfield now. Lock him in for me next year 8).

Quote from: ossie85 on July 25, 2010, 08:43:58 PM
Cameron Bruce is the best player in the AFL not to make an All-Aus team.
Have loved the way Bruce has played for years. Does his job week in and week out and shows loyalty to the Demons through thick and thin. Hard to find players like him these days ;).

Quote from: thornz23 on July 25, 2010, 10:31:49 PM
well im preti much locking both boyd and cross into my team next year
How does Cross go so unnoticed? Handballs alot but still has an impact on the game. Thank you Cooney for taking the tag away from Cross And Boydy :-*. Boyd has always been underrated (Fantasy and Real life wise). Until this year, barely anybody knew his name. Know everybody is throwing it around ::).

Agree with MiGZ about Green. Moved up forward with great results 8).

elephants

will have a look at kornes  and cross for me next year

snudz

RELTON ROBERTS - one of the best pie eaters of all time :P

gerco

Quote from: snudz on July 26, 2010, 02:24:25 AM

Relton Roberts certainly is unique

Fireballz

Quote from: snudz on July 26, 2010, 02:24:25 AM
Agreed, RR is definitely underrated  ;)

Payney95

Quote from: elephants on July 25, 2010, 09:41:15 PM
yeah haha dunno about gumby :P

nic nat will be a great player. he is only 19 and as we all know bigmen take longer to develop. he will be a gun. (you heard it from me). yes tom hawkins very over rated. any of these under rated players worth a look for dt next year?

Nic nat won't be a gun a can see now. He needs to learn how to pick up easy possesions and how to take a pack mark

dcmagadia21

Some of the most underrated players in the AFL belong the Dees. The likes of Green, Bruce, Moloney, Captain McDonald, Dunn and Sylvia have been excellent this season and have really lifted themselves better from last year's efforts. They aren't given the recognition and praise that they really need for their efforts. Their rookies have been sensational. Both Scully and Trengove have exceeded their expectations and have cemented themselves in the best 22. With both getting Rising Star nomination this year, the only way for both of them is up. I wouldn't be long until one of them will captain their side or even win a Brownlow. The 2009 #1 draft pick Jack Watts have been showing signs why he was picked first in the 2009 draft. He will develop into a key forward in the years to come. The Dees are quite a young team, a young developing team I must say. A couple of years from now, the other teams should watch out. The Dees will win the flag again.

jvalles

Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 26, 2010, 07:05:00 PM
Some of the most underrated players in the AFL belong the Dees. The likes of Green, Bruce, Moloney, Captain McDonald, Dunn and Sylvia have been excellent this season and have really lifted themselves better from last year's efforts. They aren't given the recognition and praise that they really need for their efforts. Their rookies have been sensational. Both Scully and Trengove have exceeded their expectations and have cemented themselves in the best 22. With both getting Rising Star nomination this year, the only way for both of them is up. I wouldn't be long until one of them will captain their side or even win a Brownlow. The 2009 #1 draft pick Jack Watts have been showing signs why he was picked first in the 2009 draft. He will develop into a key forward in the years to come. The Dees are quite a young team, a young developing team I must say. A couple of years from now, the other teams should watch out. The Dees will win the flag again.

Nope, those stars you talked about will be too old by the time the youngsters are mature enough.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles on July 26, 2010, 08:21:45 PM
Quote from: dcmagadia21 on July 26, 2010, 07:05:00 PM

Nope, those stars you talked about will be too old by the time the youngsters are mature enough.

thats true but  its a shame.

CFC 1979

over rated - definately tippet and mitch clarke

listened to the hype and followed and ended up going over the cliff like a lemming :P