The Most Underated & Overated Players In AFL Thread.

Started by Windigo, July 25, 2010, 08:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

That's the burning question.

I'd say Boyd. Got any others that deserve more recognition??

jvalles

Ryan Griffen deserves more recognition.

I'd say Pendles is underrated because the popularity is with Swan and Didak.

elephants

you would have to say simpson is under rated BUT he seems to be unable to cope with a tag :(

in my opinion the Q stick is over rated. the comentators get really excited when he has the ball but he isnt as good as he used to be :(

pendles is under rated but does get taged from time to time and ryan griffen dominated freo :)

McRooster

Swallow from the roos definately under the radar.

Windigo

Yeah, if you were looking for quality Pendles is great. Where Swan, (I'm not taking anything away from him) but some of his kicks are just kicks into open space, and some of them seem to be absolute floaters.  :P

Flame

Quote from: elephants on July 25, 2010, 08:07:57 PM
you would have to say simpson is under rated BUT he seems to be unable to cope with a tag :(

in my opinion the Q stick is over rated. the comentators get really excited when he has the ball but he isnt as good as he used to be :(

pendles is under rated but does get taged from time to time and ryan griffen dominated freo :)
Which Q do you mean??? ;D

McRooster

ossie85

Cameron Bruce is the best player in the AFL not to make an All-Aus team.

Master Q

Flame

MiGZ

most underrated - brad green, daniel cross, chance bateman, jordan russell.

most overrated - tom hawkins, kurt tippett, mark mcveigh, andrew welsh, dom cassissi, des hedland, quinten lynch, jarrad mcveigh, justin sherman, daniel connors (he is either the most selfish or just plain stupid decision maker ive seen).

browny_wce

Quote from: MiGZ on July 25, 2010, 09:16:52 PM
most underrated - brad green, daniel cross, chance bateman, jordan russell.

most overrated - tom hawkins, kurt tippett, mark mcveigh, andrew welsh, dom cassissi, des hedland, quinten lynch, jarrad mcveigh, justin sherman, daniel connors (he is either the most selfish or just plain stupid decision maker ive seen).
agree with those in bold
add nicnat to that bunch, he averages 1 mark per game  :-\
lynch is useless, cant believe we have someone like callum wilson as an emg every week when hes kicking 5+ goals a game in the WAFL and lych misses goals from 30m out

HillHero13

Nic Nat for sure too overrated

Cross underrated...

Gumbelton overrated..

jvalles

Quote from: HillHero13 on July 25, 2010, 09:25:25 PM
Nic Nat for sure too overrated

Cross underrated...

Gumbelton overrated..

i didn't know gumby was rated anything, lol!

elephants

yeah haha dunno about gumby :P

nic nat will be a great player. he is only 19 and as we all know bigmen take longer to develop. he will be a gun. (you heard it from me). yes tom hawkins very over rated. any of these under rated players worth a look for dt next year?