I smell a Swan song come DT finals time.

Started by jvalles, July 25, 2010, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles

Collingwood have got the number 1 spot by a few games, a position they haven't been in for awhile, hence not resting players like Saints & Geelong who have in the past.  I reckon Swan, Didak, Pendles will be rested during DT finals to destory all our plans!

ossie85

Collingwood are half a game ahead of Geelong. Hardly 'a few games'. They won't rest the stars, they may rest the youngsters

BratPack

Considering I have none of those three I can only hope this is 100% True

jvalles

Quote from: ossie85 on July 25, 2010, 07:12:51 PM

Collingwood are half a game ahead of Geelong. Hardly 'a few games'. They won't rest the stars, they may rest the youngsters

Sorry, shoulda checked my self, just heard someone say it on the radio that they were a few games out of the pack.  Just think that if they seal up that #1-2 spot then they might follow suit.

ossie85

If Collingwood beat Carlton and Geelong in the next two weeks, you very well maybe correct

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on July 25, 2010, 07:18:47 PM

If Collingwood beat Carlton and Geelong in the next two weeks, you very well maybe correct
Which is highly unlikely...

McRooster

thornz23

Quote from: Master Q on July 25, 2010, 07:53:48 PM

haha Q as much as it pains me to say.. we stand zero chance against collingwood atm :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: thornz23 on July 25, 2010, 11:24:04 PM

haha Q as much as it pains me to say.. we stand zero chance against collingwood atm :P
G'z thornz thats terrible...
im gonna smack $100 on the nose to balance up team morale' :P

thornz23

Haha the 3 weeks b4 this week and the first half of this week were hideous to watch. Over half our kicks/handballs were going to the other team lol. But there is a small glint of hope that we can return to early season form after watching our second half this week :P. God i hope we can back up that second half with a few good games leading up to finals :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: thornz23 on July 25, 2010, 11:48:34 PM
Haha the 3 weeks b4 this week and the first half of this week were hideous to watch. Over half our kicks/handballs were going to the other team lol. But there is a small glint of hope that we can return to early season form after watching our second half this week :P. God i hope we can back up that second half with a few good games leading up to finals :)
yeah im hearing ya makes u feel nauseaus
to see us butcher the ball like that :-[

Slap

I wouldn't quite call that highly unlikely...

Plus.. Collingwood have had a history of choking during finals.  With that history and it being Mick Malthouse's last year as head coach, I think they will play through to the finals to carry momentum.  There have been teams in all strains of sport that have rested prior to finals matches only to get caught on the back foot.  Eg. Orlando Magic in the last two NBA season playoffs.

CFC 1979

Collingwood do not rest star players

it's all about the cash eddie and if swan not there, people not come

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Slap on July 26, 2010, 07:34:03 PM

Plus.. Collingwood have had a history of choking during finals.  With that history and it being Mick Malthouse's last year as head coach, I think they will play through to the finals to carry momentum.  There have been teams in all strains of sport that have rested prior to finals matches only to get caught on the back foot.  Eg. Orlando Magic in the last two NBA season playoffs.
pretty sure Mick still has another year to go yet

Slap

Quote from: Marcz on July 26, 2010, 08:19:53 PM
Quote from: Slap on July 26, 2010, 07:34:03 PM

pretty sure Mick still has another year to go yet

silly mistake.  still, the point remains valid.  A closing coaching career=a closing window to win a premiership.  Id imagine he'd do all he can to raise another cup.