Main Menu

Who would you like to see

Started by Master Q, July 25, 2010, 04:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Who would you like to be the teams after GWS. Add a Nickname if you like... Mine are as follows:

19 - Hobart
20 - Newcastle (Maybe "Stingrays" as Nickname)
21 - Area of Tasmania (Either North,South etc, like "North Queensland")
22-  Another South Australian Team
23 - Canberra
24 - Another WA team (Broome maybe) (Could be called ______ "Heat" )
25 - New Zealand or City in NZ (eg Auckland )

ossie85

Tasmanian Devils (one state, one team)
New Zealand Wanderers
Darwin Crocs
Canberra Capitals

Master Q

Darwin Crocs? Don't think AFL will go along with that until NT have a population of 15 million  :P Too Hot and Not enough money there.

Devils is a name I would also give them, but wouldn't it be better if there were multiple teams in Tas instead of one, as

A: It will improve the sporting facilitys in Tasmania (Stadiums)
B: Will allow all Tasmanians to go to the footy (unless they play games all over, but that wouldn't be very good as there aren't the facillitys)

ossie85

Tasmania can only support one team - and the intense and irrational rivalry between Launceston and Hobart could very well destroy both teams. One team, share it between Bellerive and York park. VFL team was the Devils, and suits them best. The grounds, both of them, are already very good.

Australia has a population of 22 million not 15.... or did you mean NT? Are you a NT guy Q?

Master Q

meant NT sorry I'll fix that up. Fair enough about the Tassie idea, I guess you are from there, so the AFL would try to give you what you want, not me  ;D

PS: I live in Melbourne  ;D

Hawka

tassie devils
central coast waves(newcastle and gosford)
perth
NZ kiwis
Darwin thunder
Nth qld or canberra

Master Q

Perth?  :P

Have you heard of West Coast Eagles?

Hawka

there was a argument raised not sure were by some former players who said if the afl was to keep expnading there needed to be a 3rd perth or adelaide team and they said perth didnt have any identidy in the afl depsite the west coast every other major state captil does melbourne,sydeny.eg and i think wa should get a 3rd

ossie85

Rename the West Coast Eagles the Perth Eagles then.

Hawka

i dont live in WA but wats ring with 3 teams they have enough people

ossie85

Nothing, but get in line dammit.

Master Q

this time mum, don't give the baby his bottle  ;D

Hawka

no wa dosent need a 3rd soon maybe the 22 or 23 franchise

Master Q

Well I listed SA as 22, and I'm sure Canberra will get a team soon (23). So WA will probably 24 put It won't be Perth (Duh).

bunyip

Any new team would have to be in a capital city. I can't see them starting one in Darwin. Tassy has to get their act together.
Maybe a large provincial city with plenty of money.