Main Menu

B.Vince

Started by Barlow 21, July 24, 2010, 08:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barlow 21

Vince is starting to return to his 2009 form and so are the crows. What are your thoughts for 2011

SCADDICT

Needs a few more good weeks before you can say that. Overall this has been a very bad year for him, with injuries, suspensions and just plain crap form. I would be wary about getting him in 2011 but you never know.

ossie85

True Scaddict, but there is something about Adelaide right now. Maybe playing for there retiring stars with one last role of the dice. I'd be wary Carlton supporters

McRooster

On Saturday morning talk show the panellists (David Wildy, Michaelangelo Rucci and Matthew Clarke) put up their 4 names for Adelaide to offer as trade bait - David Wildy had Bernie Vince # 1  :o

Alex7089

If they trade Vince I think they have gone bonkers.

I won't be touching him next year maybe 2012.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: McRooster on September 05, 2010, 10:09:17 PM
On Saturday morning talk show the panellists (David Wildy, Michaelangelo Rucci and Matthew Clarke) put up their 4 names for Adelaide to offer as trade bait - David Wildy had Bernie Vince # 1  :o
Could get a bit for him though after last year ;).

Alex7089

Still think it would be better for them to hold him.

You don't go trading quality mids. Geelong were considering trading Bartel before '07 bet they are glad they didn't!

bunyip

There doesn't seem to be any loyalty any more. Players are being offered for trade without being consulted, and players are switching clubs without giving their club a chance to bid for him.

SCADDICT

Bernie will improve next year. He's had a rude awakening in 2010 and discovered what it takes to be a high quality AFL midfielder.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: SCADDICT on September 12, 2010, 04:46:00 PM
Bernie will improve next year. He's had a rude awakening in 2010 and discovered what it takes to be a high quality AFL midfielder.

+1

and bunyip I think all afl players and teams need to undergo training in etiquette 101.

Barlow 21

I believe he may average 100+

DG

Quote from: Barlow 21 on December 14, 2010, 07:06:25 PM
I believe he may average 100+

I hope he does, but im not overly confident. Will be interesting to see who steps up in the possession stakes this year.

McRooster

Take him off the radar for the beginning of the season after he today had a knee cleanout (from injury against Brisbane in August last season). After pulling up with soreness from training and having a scan, the surgeon has removed and tidied up a bit of cartilege that was giving him grief.
He will not resume full training until mid to late January  :'(

David Mackay also won't rejoin full training until around the same time after having a minor groin operation.

James Craig too has had a hamstring tear after having it operated on last year. Doctors say that it's not in the same spot but has happened because the muscle was 'over compensating' for the weaker previously operated area.

Here we go again........

McRooster

Quote from: Junktimer on December 20, 2010, 10:42:24 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/knee-surgery-for-vince-as-crow-injury-curse-strikes-again/story-e6frf9jf-1225974061335

food for thought..
^^ jt  :P

I heard it on the radio today and had one of my customers confirm it (whose wife is a Crows players physio). Tragic setback for the boy from Stansbury, probably though should have had surgery to correct it after it he first did it against Brisbane. The attitude of 'she'll come right' is not one that any AFL team can afford these days. He should have been more honest in the true extent of how it felt and would've been further along in his path to recovery by now .
I've an understanding he wasn't fully honest about the true extent of his injury because there was an 'air' of doubt about his future at the club and possible trade bait talk. After other earlier season indiscretions and now this, his cred around the club and his peers will be questioned, not because of inury obviously but because of honesty and integrity.
Neil Craig is a strong man on trust and if he doesn't have that.....then well.....Vince may just get to spend the Weekend at Bernies  :P