Montagna
4 (22.2%)
Chapman
2 (11.1%)
Other - please specify below
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 2

my.tbt

Guys, need your opinion on who I should get in for Barlow? I have $330k in the bank and 7 trades left. Aiming for league win, currently 2nd.

My mids are - Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Stanton, Goodes, (Barlow), Martin, Gyberts.

My thinking was to get Judd (avg. 107, $400k) and save $80k instead of buying Montagna / Boyd (avg. 117, $$480k). This would give me 6 trades, $390k for the final in rounds 19-22 and help to fix up my team with guns.

As i have extensively over thought this scenario, I would appreciate any feedback you guys can offer.   ???

Ive also considered that Boyd has a hard run home in the finals and that Monty may get rested 1-2 games. Not sure on the negative points in regards to Judd, only that he cant score as high as those guys (and Carlton arent doing great things at the moment.).

valkorum

I would go Joey or Boyd.  Better scoring potential plus you have Martin on the bench as cover if they do get rested.

Fireballz

Quote from: valkorum on July 23, 2010, 01:14:15 PM
I would go Joey or Boyd.  Better scoring potential plus you have Martin on the bench as cover if they do get rested.
Agreed. I say Boyd.

MiGZ

I would go Kane Cornes. Very durable, very good run home, wont get rested and is consistant. Plus you will save alot of money to make other trades. Kane for mine.

Johnnysd

my.tbt

Do you guys think Boyd will still score well even though he has a fairly difficult run home?

RiOtChEsS

dockerone

Quote from: Marcz on July 23, 2010, 03:01:33 PM
id get boyd or joey now ;)
Agreed - Boyd for me but you cant go wrong. With 7 trades left getting an ultra premium is a must

Master Q

Washy

i wouldnt be getting judd.. although he is good he doesnt compare to boyd. i would be getting boyd and he will dominate cominto the end of year and will not miss games... u have martin as cove ron the bench anyway.
Also you have that much money in the kitty and enough trades you should be fine.. BOYD ALL THE WAY!!!

my.tbt

Will Boyd dominate at the end of the year though? I have heard mixed reviews as the Dogs have a pretty hard run home?

my.tbt

Thanks for the assistance guys. Decided to go Boyd and cant help but feel as though I have dodged a mini bullet in light of Montagna's (score and soreness) tonight.

Make me proud Boyd!