League Averages on the increase!

Started by Blueboys, July 22, 2010, 11:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueboys

I have noticed that last year my league (with friends/family) was averaging around 1700 and 2000 would win you most games this year it's 2000 and most are scoring 2200+  ::)

Has any 1 notice an increase in the league this year  ??? How does this effect your player selection and trades. Notice I have had to use a lot of trades to keep in the 8.

How much will scores increase next year or are the avg scores about the same year by year.

ossie85

Same thing for me BB - family league average has increased from 1800 to 2000. Think it is a combination of them getting better, Pods and Barlow, and even a little MPP

Fletch74

Considering that Champion Data use a system based on 3300 points per game, scores cannot increase indefinitely, however in saying that scores definitely have increased this year. I've scored better this year than in prior year, but am lower overall...

I think the difference is that people have put a lot more effort into researching this year, thus a lot of teams have the same players which are generally the ones who score well. The nuff nuff's are getting better IMO

Blueboys

Yeah also I have noticed that most of the teams in my 8 have only 5-8 players differenent. 1 Team I played we only had 4 players different. I am sure we had like 10 diferent at the start of the year now only 4!  >:(

Will be interesting with GC next year and how the scores average out....

superstar

scores where always going to be bigger this year with pods and barlow. an adverage of 200 points extra each round for the total of $200grand, leaves around $800grand in your bank or 2 mid priced premium sitting on your bench which was quickly downgraded to scoop up all that cash.

Justin Bieber

More sites help out now for fantasy football.

Herald sun have that insider which give away a few good picks which people follow.

Prospector_1

Coaches continue to wring more score from fantasy teams. Champion Data's 2008 Prospectus had an article on how the average and total scores had been steadily increasing up to then. I think there are just more and more coaches taking it more and more seriously!

WatsamataU

I think coaches are getting wiser and people are using their benches more effectively.

CFC 1979

i think a lot of them have learn't how to open up good side and poach good players

i don't think there has been much research by some people

EL TIGER

There was a lot more pre-season info (S/C, D/T stats specific!) floating around this year than last and so on and on...

HillHero13

this year sc has got alot tougher therefor higher averages..

Prospector_1

Freako's rave pointed out this week that stars of Fantasy footy this year are getting 35 possies per game, whereas we are used to them getting around 30. That would account for a lot of the improvement in Team scores.

ossie85

Yeah a bit, but the forwards have been poor this year, and scaling and resulting price increases should stop that a bit

Justin Bieber

Don't forget everybody getting the same players and having 90% the same teams ::).

brownmans muffins

as well as the generally stronger scores across the board (good thing) i've never noticed teams to be so similar as they are this year (bad thing?).
most matchups at the business end of season will effectively come down to 5 or 6 players. it's good in the sense that it tests depth & use of upgrade trades; although the uniformity makes it a bit bland. i reckon it's definitely driven by sc getting more involvement from managers + the extent & quality of sites doing the rounds (e.g. everyone's all over breakevens, the same rookies, the same fallen premiums etc).

maybe next year's gc-related changes will actually come at a good time in terms of shaking / freshening things up a bit...