Will this strategy work?

Started by Sammyr1223, July 21, 2010, 01:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyr1223

BACKS: Hodge, Goddard, Gilbert, Malceski, Gilbee, Carrazzo, Kennelly (Hunt, Strijk)
MIDS: Ablett, Bartel, Cross, Mitchell, Martin, Banner (Morabito, Gysberts)
RUCK: Sandilands, Tippet (Warnock, Charman)
FWDS: Chapman, O'Keefe, Higgins, Rockliff, Franklin, Brown, Hall (Gumbleton, Lobbe)

10 Trades, $176,000

I wanna get in Montagna & Swan (both before finals), Goodes (need to get him this week before price raise), Riewoldt (when he bottoms out), Lake and Pavlich.

Keen to make my team %100 set by 2nd week of finals.

Plan is:
Week 1:
Martin - Goodes (then MPP with higgins)
Rockliff - Pavlich

Week 2:
Higgins - Montagna
Hunt - Rookie

Week 3:
Morabito - Rookie (hopefully a playing one)
Banner - Swan

Week 4:
Hall - Riewoldt
Kennelly - Lake

Do u think this will work or should i do it differently?

RiOtChEsS

why r u trading higgins? and pav is carrying an ankle injury http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/98655/default.aspx also Hunt to Ash Smith this week and possibly Charman to a bottom dollar ruck rookie would be a 90k profit allowing u to upgrade morabito to Joey or Swan nxt week

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: nicnats cox on July 21, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
nubz...you can't trade higgins to montagna!
monty is not a forward
dude ur a noob thats why he said get goodes and mpp with higgins then higgins to joey sheeesh ::)

Sammyr1223

Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2010, 01:17:08 PM
why r u trading higgins? and pav is carrying an ankle injury http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/98655/default.aspx also Hunt to Ash Smith this week and possibly Charman to a bottom dollar ruck rookie would be a 90k profit allowing u to upgrade morabito to Joey or Swan nxt week

Higgins trade coz of inconsistancy and so i could fit pav, riewoldt and goodes in my fwd line. But after seeing that article i might hold off for now.

Think i will do Rockliff - Goodes and Hunt - Smith this week, and if im lucky and Banner and Marting play blinders and Swan and Montagna struggle (probably little chance of that) i may be able to pick them both up next week.

Blueboys

Yeah hold of on the Pav trade for now. I am keeping higgins his scores have been good, down a bit after the injury but I am sure they will be up again in coming weeks.

Martin, Banner need to be upgrades first. Your mid gives you the best scoring power, swan and Montagna would be great if you have the cash.

Then you can see what happens with Pav and do your forward trades..

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2010, 01:41:04 PM
Quote from: nicnats cox on July 21, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
nubz...you can't trade higgins to montagna!
monty is not a forward
dude ur a noob thats why he said get goodes and mpp with higgins then higgins to joey sheeesh ::)
haha nicnats cox just realised he was a noob
and thinks he can just dissapear ::)
thats why we qoute champ ur aNOOB :P

dockerone

Why don't you go Hunt to Smith and then Martin/Banner to Monty/Swan. Personally I would go Martin to Monty due to BE's.

That gives you another week to assess Rocky's form with Brown back in and see how Goodes goes again. With that many trades left you will always be able to make cash later...

Sammyr1223

Yeah I Reckon I will go Martin to montagna too.. Plenty of money left in banner!

Only thing I'm worried about waiting on the goodes trade is his negative break-even meaning he is going to increase in cost considerably and continue to do so..

bundyboy

goodes this week - yes
martin to joey direct - yes

the rest is a question right now...maybe wait on those

McRooster

Week 1:
Martin - Goodes (then MPP with higgins) - Yes
Rockliff - Pavlich - No, 120k left

Week 2:
Higgins - Montagna - Yes
Hunt - Rookie - Yes, you need to make 60k out of this at least to get Joey probably so every bit you go for extra helps out week 3 and its all Yes from there!

Week 3:
Morabito - Rookie (hopefully a playing one) - Yes
Banner - Swan - Yes

Week 4:
Hall - Riewoldt - Yes
Kennelly - Lake - Yes

Nice spot to be in, or have you left your run too late? I mean are you top four or sitting 5th to 8th?

Sammyr1223

I'm sitting in third, two games clear of fifth so i'm not too worried about next two rounds just want to have best team possible for finals!

McRooster

Maybe switch week 3 and 4 around then, hold off on letting your top 4 opponents see you've brought in Swan until BANG! surprise ;)

Sammyr1223

Tossing up whether to go Didak or Goodes?

Which would you choose? i'm loving goodes' form atm, but swans have a tough run home and im thinking didak could be a better option?

dockerone

I'd still go Goodes, now he is in midfield he is more consistant than Dids