Keep Hille
0 (0%)
Get Cox
14 (70%)
Hold Trades til Finals
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 3

RiOtChEsS

this situation is doing my head in i want to win my league im undefeated and ive been sitting Hille ??? on the bench for awhile now and wanted to swap him for Cox but thought Cox may get injured or shutdown, the quandry is the team(1 loss) il be meeting deep in the finals already has him and the guy is out of trades, i have 4 trades do i waste/make this trade just to match him in the ruck division? i can just see Cox racking up a 100 at skilled in round 22 if i dont get him as he scores well against the Cats and as if the Cats will care if the big fella just hangs out in the back pocket all day junking it up, we both have the same bench cover in the ruck too. The rest of my team is complete.

Uncle

option 3. get ryder. has had a couple of bad ones but will bounce back. big be so give him a week or 2 to drop then get him in

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Uncle on July 21, 2010, 01:55:37 AM
option 3. get ryder. has had a couple of bad ones but will bounce back. big be so give him a week or 2 to drop then get him in
had an eye on him but his form is slumping like essendon and they have the dogs in round 22 which i dont think is condusive to a 100 even tho he got one against them earlier in the year

browny_wce

maybe go for goldstien?? kangaroos are on the rise and hes been playing some good footy: big, mobile, goal-kicking ruckman, whos scored well in DT on many occasions
also save u some coin
if i didnt already have sandi and coxy id probably target him

RiOtChEsS

yeah i can afford any ruck but its really between save the trade and go with hille who i dont have alot of confidence in or switch to cox now before hille loses 50-60k bcos Cox has the best chance of a big score in round 22, 5 100's and 4 90's the next best is ryder but his 5 100's came in a 6 week stretch, as im writing this i think ive almost convinced myself of the Cox swap

Davoo

Fireballz

Wouldn't worry too much about who your opponent has got, just consider who is more likely to increase your score. If you get Ryder then you're banking on the fact that Ryder's gonna score more so if he doesn't, you're stuffed.
Cox is more likely to add 100 points to your team score than Ryder is in my opinion so jump on board. And keep the other 2 trades in the bank if possible in case of injury/tanking (not that there is such a thing this season...)  ;)

RiOtChEsS

hehe good one fireballz

RiOtChEsS

i suppose with him being out of trades he might not keep up his good record and may not make the GF if there is to be some restings or injuries... farrrrlower it i should just hold my measly 4 trades and see what happens come finals time as i dont have a crystal ball, hopefully hille comes back firing ::) ???

Chimpdaddy

Don't worry too much about your opponent.
Having zero trades before finals - he has comitted a cardinal sin of DT. Going too hard, too soon.
Just wait - and watch players being rested/injured. If you have trades left - you can afford to make changes down the line, while he'll be playing 3-4 bench  players or even worse - copping zeros!
So my best recommendation (given that your in 1st place, and gaurenteed to make top 4?) would be to hold those trades [you can always get Cox in later] and simply laugh as your opponent struggles.
But if your absolutely set on trading *right now* I would bring in Cox.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Chimpdaddy on July 21, 2010, 02:27:24 PM
Don't worry too much about your opponent.
Having zero trades before finals - he has comitted a cardinal sin of DT. Going too hard, too soon.
Just wait - and watch players being rested/injured. If you have trades left - you can afford to make changes down the line, while he'll be playing 3-4 bench  players or even worse - copping zeros!
So my best recommendation (given that your in 1st place, and gaurenteed to make top 4?) would be to hold those trades [you can always get Cox in later] and simply laugh as your opponent struggles.
But if your absolutely set on trading *right now* I would bring in Cox.
cheers mate i reckon i will hold the trades, i was just thinking if im gonna get cox now would be the best time financially as hille is gonna drop massive when he plays again with that 10 in his cycle for 3 weeks, got top of the ladder locked up and playing bottom teams in the last rounds

dockerone

Marcz, I would definitely hold in your case. It sounds like you should get to the GF pretty easily, then assess it for that week. Hille could be back and killing it, Cox may be injured, Ryder could pick up again once Hille is back.

6 weeks is a long time in footy, as tempting as it always is to hit the T button I would say patience is the main game now...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: dockerone on July 21, 2010, 03:55:54 PM
Marcz, I would definitely hold in your case. It sounds like you should get to the GF pretty easily, then assess it for that week. Hille could be back and killing it, Cox may be injured, Ryder could pick up again once Hille is back.

6 weeks is a long time in footy, as tempting as it always is to hit the T button I would say patience is the main game now...
cheers mate i need to cool my jets ;)

dockerone

Agreed - I am in the same boat and am forcing myself to chill with 4 trades left and 4th spot locked.... I just want to trade tho!  :P

Flame