Tough defence trade!!

Started by Uncle, July 20, 2010, 09:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle

With grimes listed as 3 weeks still i need to bite the bullet and get another defender in. 106k on the cap which gives me 419k to spend for an upgrade. 5 trades remaining

DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Waters, Hargrave, Waite, GRIMES: Farmer, Strjik

My options are:

Gilbert, Mr Reliable. Most expensive option

Kelly: Gun, in form, may get more opportunities as guns get rested

Gilbee: up and down but high ceiling and under priced

Gram: out of form due to injury, but will get better. thinking of a straight swap for howlett in the guts to give me dpp so probably wont get him down back

Duffield: Jet, in pretty good form. pretty cheap atm also

Any others?? Best option? i'm leaning towards kelly, but gilbert and duffield are very tempting

Sammocorw

Jimbo_11

duffmann
in great form and with barlow out, running through the midfield a bit moree but still mainly playing loose man in def, which means he racks up plenty possesions :)

Uncle

never ever considered goodwin to be honest, but i look at his scores and i must say i like them!! good points on duffman, i do like him i just get scared he may start busting out the low ones once i get him! same as kelly i guess

Encoñado

Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2010, 10:25:41 AM
just hold at the mo dont trust the afl injury site

The Demons website stated yesterday that he's still another three weeks away: "Young-gun Jack Grimes, who suffered a hamstring injury against St Kilda in round 14, will be absent for three more matches with a hamstring injury."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/98619/default.aspx

Uncle

Quote from: Encoñado on July 21, 2010, 10:53:10 AM
Quote from: Marcz on July 21, 2010, 10:25:41 AM
just hold at the mo dont trust the afl injury site

The Demons website stated yesterday that he's still another three weeks away: "Young-gun Jack Grimes, who suffered a hamstring injury against St Kilda in round 14, will be absent for three more matches with a hamstring injury."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/98619/default.aspx

Thanks Mate!! this is the sort of confirmation I was after! now i just gotta choose one...

dockerone

I like Gilbert, but Duffman has 4 out of 6 games left at home and a pretty easy run in - especially after the Doggies this weekend. He has a good record at Subi...

LaHug

Fisher? Running as a loose man in defence a fair bit, getting lots of the ball (especially if Saints have easy games) and the Saints still have Essendon, Port, North and Richmond to play against.

Also, if you want to burn a trade, you can downgrade Farmer to A. Smith and get Lake.

Encoñado

Gilbert > Duffield > Fisher > Kelly.

Flame

I like gilbert

Scotland maybe!!

McRooster

Quote from: dockerone on July 21, 2010, 04:00:37 PM
Duffman has 4 out of 6 games left at home and a pretty easy run in - especially after the Doggies this weekend. He has a good record at Subi...
+1
...and the all important rnd22 at Subiaco ;)

Flame