Rohan Bail
Travis Colyer
Ben Cunnington
Lewis Stevenson
Trade Gysberts
Mmm...Tasty Donuts

DirtySeppo

Here is my team:

D: Hodge, Carrazzo, Enright, Malceski, Waters, Fisher, Gilbert (Webberly, Silvagni)
M: Bartel, Ablet, Goddard, Cooney, Montagna, Cassisi, (Gysberts , JKT)
R: Sandy, Cox (Lobbe, Warnock)
F: Pav, Gia, Buddy, Hall, Brennan, Grundy, Pods (Fyfe, Watts)

I have 4 trades & 100k ITB

Need some advice here, my #1 weak-link is no midfield cover since Gysberts is no guarantee to dress and I think it is safe to write off JKT.

If I decide to trade out JKT, who should I get from this list?  Is there anyone else I am overlooking?

Jarryd Blair COL ($135.5k)
Rohan Bail MEL ($205.4k)
Travis Colyer ESS ($207.9k)
Ben Cunnington NTH ($218k)
Lewis Stevenson WCE ($226k)

I am leaning towards Blair if he is named this week since he could rise up for a couple of weeks and be traded for real cover during finals.  Also, it would leave my bank intact for other trades if needed.

Blueboys

I would want the cheapest option so I could us the cash else where!  ;)

Jimbo_11

i would get mcneil (77k syd, with mpp fwd and mid)
that way you can put pav or someone in the mids then use your fwd cover in the fwd line

DirtySeppo

Anyone who voted for Cunnington, why did you pick him? 

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DirtySeppo on July 21, 2010, 09:59:37 AM
Anyone who voted for Cunnington, why did you pick him?
bcos u want "COVER" and he will play every game the rest of them r 50/50 prospects

Uncle

Quote from: Jimbo_11 on July 20, 2010, 04:16:25 PM
that way you can put pav or someone in the mids then use your fwd cover in the fwd line

A massive massive +1. By getting him in, your cover effectively becomes fyfe and watts because if a mid goes down u swing pav to the mids and play them up forward, with better consistency, job security and scoring potential than any of the others. Make sure you trade JKT because jizzberts has a good chance of returning before seasons end

DirtySeppo

That is a good call on the MPP option.  Is McNeil any better chance to get a game this season than Winmar (STK) or Healy (MEL)?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: DirtySeppo on July 21, 2010, 01:32:31 PM
That is a good call on the MPP option.  Is McNeil any better chance to get a game this season than Winmar (STK) or Healy (MEL)?
healy is injured and i doubt winmar will break into a saints team even if they rest players, mcneil has been listed as in the mix for about a month or more now http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/98605/default.aspx and he is the cheapest

Encoñado

+1.

sledgey7

i've got the same problem mate.
the thing i don't about bringing in a mpp gimp into mid for emergency cover is that it's not gonna protect you from the dreaded late withdrawal.

sledgey7

and with jimmy, gaj and joey you know that is a distict possibility.

roo boys!

Blair and Cunnington the safest, Blair cheaper so go him.

browny_wce

got cunnington
had his highest score of 88 last weekend!
he will always get a game coz scott loves him

sledgey7

I've got rohan and shuey on the bench with similar midfiled to yours. i don't think either are gonna come back so i'm gonna trade rohan just to make sure i have cover. like i said before thee mpp way is no good so you gotta go someone who you know is gonna play.
how about Jay van berlo. sure he's got a crap average but i think he played 22 games this year and has only missed 3 with injury this year.
i'm just loathe to pick up blair and see him dropped next week.

thatguy

Quote from: Encoñado on July 21, 2010, 03:29:50 PM

+1.
+2