Best Mid under 350k ??

Started by bundyboy, July 19, 2010, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bundyboy

Ok - now have to trade out Barlow to ensure a win next week - and need to keep some cash to pick up Gilbert the week after to finish off my backline.

Since my mids are already pretty solid - (swan, GAJ, montagna, mitchell, bartell, martin - barlow/gysberts) I have decided i will get better value picking up a cheaper mid + gilbert than just jumping for boyd (and no cash left) which was the original plan.

so - have about $350k to splash on a midfielder

question is who....

I'm thinking Vince - who has hit some form recently, and apart from a couple of ordinary games, has averaged really strongly, and is also now in a team hitting some form.

other option is PAV

so who do you recon?

hally25547

if you can afford him, or just wait one more week then Kade Simpson is a pretty good option though his breakeven is 139.

rocca

maybe go for Jack Trengove? he costs $323K but is getting better every week. Last three round average 95, and well under what you wanna spend.. and he's only for your bench right?

Blueboys

Andrew3737

Stanton, Pav, Simpson, Connors

roo boys!

McRooster

Pav over Vince.
Cheaper, better average, MPP, never been suspended by his club, Captain.

Just got him in for Jz last week myself, wasn't happy with the 79 but he will return to premium scores.
Vince is tempting, 127 was his season high.

roo boys!

Turned down an emerging Rooster from the nest! :o

agreed that Pav is the more reliable option but some scores as of late show that he isn't on fore but travelling OK. McRooster, I can not imagine the day Pav would get a club suspension, they are so protective of him and he is so crucial to them. What a leader and they would never go without him when optional.

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on July 19, 2010, 07:20:57 PM
Turned down an emerging Rooster from the nest! :o
I actually had Vince in pre season planning after listening to all the local talk at the Stansbury hotel last October long weekend. He'd just gotten Crows yellow jacket as Club Champion and I was being told this was just the beginning-Brownlow talk, next club captain etc. ensued.
When pricing came out I thought too expensive and planned to jump on later. Then the club suspension and injury hit and I kept away, still waiting for price drop. By the time it was right my midfield was settled.
The timing was great though for Pav to join my fwds ;D
Premium player for under 350k, Pav would have been in everyone's side at season open if he was this price then!
I like the way Martin played on the weekend but reckon he could be your bench and Pav take your field.

Flame

Pav is cheap and a good option with his dpp too!!

roo boys!

Yeah MPP proabably gets him over the line.

bundyboy

gee...i'm really liking vince at the moment, and not just becaue of last week...but the PAV attraction is hard to ignore...

MPP and genuine champ status is making him hard to ignore.
double that up with Roo after another week, and two absolute champs for rock bottom prices...

roo boys!

bundyboy

thanks roo boy - but mid field is the hole i'm trying to fill - not forward.. ;D

roo boys!

But him and Roo can be put on your bargain basement hit list!