What's going on with Gary Ablett?

Started by rocca, July 19, 2010, 12:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocca

Recently Gablett's performance for Geelong has been down, let's face it. He is frustrated and they often show footage of him fighting with coaches during games. Is this due to the Gold Coast speculation? i think so...
What do you think about gablett recently?

browny_wce

he hasnt committed to his club so Bombers playing him in the forward line, giving him limited TOG and the game plan is no longer based around him
also he was well held against the crows (they played a good negative game on all the geelong mids)
i said this wuld happen at the start of the year (thats why im finally happy my "no ablett" policy worked) regardless of wether ablett goes to GC or not, hes not loyal to the cats and its showing in his performances as his teammates dont quite support him as they once did

Blueboys

Yeah spot on, his as good as gone to GC so GAJ is on the outer now....

Scores reflect this!  :P

superstar

Blueboys

HellYeah

Quote from: superstar on July 19, 2010, 01:36:28 PM
bargin price for next years team

That remains to be seen.  Undoubtedly a class player, but how much of that is due to what his teammates do for him.  No such quality support is likely from GC.

rocca

i agree, depending on who joins him at GC, his price may or may not be bargain.

yorgis

i reckon  gaj is def going and bombers' preparing a gaj-less midfield for the future. he will get a run in midfield in the last 6 games and finals  but i guess only when the cats need him to spark them up

Cruiseon

GAJ has never been known for being elite in the field of mental toughness. I think he's finding it hard being on the outer at Geelong, certainly Thompson is treating him that way which is fairly natural I think. Not quite sulking but he is not pushing himself anywhere as hard as he has in the past.

rocca

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 19, 2010, 02:30:49 PM
GAJ has never been known for being elite in the field of mental toughness. I think he's finding it hard being on the outer at Geelong, certainly Thompson is treating him that way which is fairly natural I think. Not quite sulking but he is not pushing himself anywhere as hard as he has in the past.

I think the frustration may be coming from him trying harder than before, but getting worst results because he is put in the forward pocket and his teammates dont go to him as much.

Cruiseon

There is no way he is running as hard as he was this time last year.

I'm not saying he is not trying hard, but man he used to run his nuts off & he is not doing that now.

roo boys!

He will not have the support of all of them at GC an they all may be a bot unfamiliar with each other for the first year or two.

Prospector_1

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 19, 2010, 06:19:04 PM

There is no way he is running as hard as he was this time last year.

Or even earlier this year. Rumours of a niggle seem more likely to be true that a "cultural issue" (ie, GC, team probs, coach relationship etc.)

Flame

Hope he's not carrying an injury. We don't want him to get rested!!

Cruiseon

Fair call Propsector, speculation is inevitable in these situations.