Main Menu

Banned and want to complain (merged)

Started by numberwang, July 18, 2010, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackBeQuick

Quote from: McRooster on August 12, 2011, 11:28:10 PM
From tonight's game ..... LnchPdMcQk: i hope riewoldt gets mouth cancer
If that is not banworthy I don't know what is  >:(

I have tried for two seasons to help raise the awareness of this evil disease through the championing of various causes like Call To Arms + Footy Colours Day + Movember + Light The Night and The EJ Whitten Foundation

I view this post from live chat with the highest of contempt. This person has never had to endure the pain of hearing a  5yr old child say 'Why does it hurt so much Daddy?' when their kid is receiving chemotherapy, why would anyone wish that level of pain on anyone is disgusting and without thought for the true spirit of our game and our chat/forum's banter.

There is no retort from this person that I could find acceptable, ever. Ban them. >:(

I apologise if that upset anyone. I agree it was in poor taste.

I don't usually use chat very much but if there was a chatlog of what I have said, I am sure you would see that one comment was quite out character.

I thought some people might recognise it from an episode of "The League" where one of the coaches of a fantasy team was having a bit of a whinge about a player that cost them a win.

I do know how it feels to lose family to various forms of cancer and I have also seen the horrific consequences of the disease. I would not truly wish this upon anyone.

I have nothing but respect for those undertaking work to prevent and cure any cancers as well as those providing support for the various charities which aid in this.

Cicjose

if your apologizing for that comment, that i can live with

but if you think and expect to survive the ban hammer.....

pyronerd

Quote from: Cicjose on August 15, 2011, 01:18:35 AM

Master Q

Quote from: pyronerd on August 15, 2011, 05:09:27 PM

Agreed

JackBeQuick

I don't expect to be unbanned anytime soon, but it doesn't bother me too much either way.

I just thought it was a little strange that no one seemed upset by what I said in chat and that I was not banned until McRooster posted on the forum. McRooster said nothing in chat during that game. Moreover, a couple of weeks ago McRooster insulted me for something which I thought was fairly benign.

It is not uncommon for someone in chat to say they want this player to die or they want to kill that player. I don't recall anyone being banned for such a comment.

Quote from: Grazz on August 13, 2011, 11:13:50 PM
Why anyone would want to throw that out there is beyond me, says alot about the character of a person imo.
Personally, I think it is unfair to judge someone's character upon one poor joke taken out of context.

Anyway, as I said, I am sorry to whomever I offended. I just feel you have to be able to laugh about stuff like that, otherwise the subject becomes overly depressing.

McRooster

Quote from: JackBeQuick on August 15, 2011, 08:07:21 PM
I don't expect to be unbanned anytime soon, but it doesn't bother me too much either way.
Perhaps it does, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here  ;)

1. I just thought it was a little strange that no one seemed upset by what I said in chat and that I was not banned until McRooster posted on the forum. 2.McRooster said nothing in chat during that game. Moreover, a couple of weeks ago McRooster insulted me for something which I thought was fairly benign.
1. valkorum is one moderator, not me. He is a man of transparent maturity and somebody that has also been saddened by this horrific disease and it is perhaps the fact that after reading back the chat log (as the mods do) that he or the mods decided to swing the banhammer. No-one may have been upset by the comment during chat because as you well know, the pace of it sometimes means that a message can get through quickly without being noticed by the poster or the chat group - often resulting in a re-post by the user it originated from because they themeslves missed it. Or perhaps that the silence about it actually said more than you'd considered, sometimes it's better not to respond to that sort of thing because it may just end up perpetuating it.
2. Given the context of what I said a couple of weeks ago (which I'm not overly proud of and extremely embarrassed about) had you considered that I myself had been banned, the rules do apply to everyone. The benign reference has not helped win me over but I can genuinely see that you are remoresful for what you perceive as acceptable. I hope that you can forgive my temporary faux pas and be trusting in that it won't happen again.

Personally, I think it is unfair to judge someone's character upon one poor joke taken out of context.

Anyway, as I said, I am sorry to whomever I offended. I just feel you have to be able to laugh about stuff like that, otherwise the subject becomes overly depressing.
Agreed. Often when I have visited an Oncology ward I have found that laughter is the best medicine. Laughing at the disease is a powerful tool in recovery and laughing with those also helps bring a smile to many a dreary day.

I would like to recind on my earlier call to not find any retort acceptable.Your voice seems passionate and one that the forum could do with a bit more of, maybe stick around a bit more and instill some wisdom to the fold. At the very least I ask that you just take a look at the above listed sites and do just one little thing to help the cause, because as I've said many times in the forum - one man can make a difference. I believe you have fronted like a man and have the right, like any of us, to a second chance. Remembering though that many cancer patients do not get a second chance.

I am sorry for your losses and I am understanding of your pain :'(

Grazz

May of been harsh by me judging you on one comment character wise and i understand we all
say stupid things we wish we hadn't. I believe you are genuinely sorry for what was said .
Sometimes a comment once out there is very difficult to walk away from no matter the regret.
Hope we can all move on.

PowerBug

May i ask, if your banned, how can you post on this thread?

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: PowerBug on August 16, 2011, 11:58:47 PM
May i ask, if your banned, how can you post on this thread?

Powerbug - Your chat identity and forum identity are different and thus work entirely separate of one another. Your chat name you made can be blocked from the chat but your forum account is separate and not affected as the two aren't tied.

Fireballz

Aw man did I get banned for saying my username is a result of numerous STDs?  :(

Disappointing... how long does it last for?

hawk_88

Just a hint, it is probably not a good idea to post what has previously gotten you banned.

Fireballz

Quote from: hawk_88 on August 21, 2011, 04:58:03 PM
Just a hint, it is probably not a good idea to post what has previously gotten you banned.
Honestly i don't think it's that bad! That is pretty much word for word what was said when someone asked me about my name. Maybe it's just me but I thought that was soft...

Plenty of worse things said and it's not like I'm a random that just comes on chat to talk shower.

hawk_88

The general rule of thumb is that everything must be G rated.

Fireballz

Yeh alright well give me a warning and if I do it again then ban me. I apologised to c4 and monty anyway but yeah...
Still think it's soft.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Fireballz on August 21, 2011, 05:30:45 PM
Yeh alright well give me a warning and if I do it again then ban me. I apologised to c4 and monty anyway but yeah...
Still think it's soft.
Let me start by saying I am not complaining or anything but I got given a warning in the forum for saying bloody. So I think a ban was harsh but fair.