Main Menu

Banned and want to complain (merged)

Started by numberwang, July 18, 2010, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on July 19, 2010, 10:26:02 AM

but seriously, I gotta say I agree with m0nty.

I don't even use it anymore, usually just have m0nty's blog scrolling along.
Yep, same. It's a lot better.

HillHero13

im mostly on my ipod so i got on the mobile part... so i get the blog anyway... but sometimes in the chat there are some interesting news that isnt fake but is true... and sometimes is quite funny..

numberwang

sure you have an idea but the problem is there a lot of double standards going on sometimes.
ive seen countless people abusing others and not get banned.
so when the screen pops up saying you are, you do sit back and say to yourself "hang on a tick, what was it that i said that warranted a ban compared to those folk".

m0nty

Quote from: numberwang on July 20, 2010, 12:14:33 AM
sure you have an idea but the problem is there a lot of double standards going on sometimes.
ive seen countless people abusing others and not get banned.
so when the screen pops up saying you are, you do sit back and say to yourself "hang on a tick, what was it that i said that warranted a ban compared to those folk".

I would say in the vast majority of those cases I have also banned the other parties as well, as I did with whoever it was you were fighting with.

Sometimes I do miss things, that is true. But that's what logs are for.

Cruiseon

My one question relates to unbanning people? Does it happen and what is the process as the feedback I've heard is that the email request can fall on deaf ears?

Master Q

Now before I say this, I'm not putting my hand up.

What about the idea of Chat moderators? There are plenty of guys out there who are on the chat for most games and I'm sure it would help you m0nty, and other people like Numberwang who are angry that the other offender doesn't get banned.

Prospector_1

Quote from: Master Q on July 20, 2010, 03:53:24 PM

What about the idea of Chat moderators? There are plenty of guys out there who are on the chat for most games and I'm sure it would help you m0nty, and other people like Numberwang who are angry that the other offender doesn't get banned.

Maybe some reviewers could look at the chat log after a game, and make recommendations to m0nty - who is, of course, the final decision maker.

Justin Bieber

Thats sounds alright. Will take the load off m0nty while them not having complete power on who gets banned and what's ban worthy.

They will be the umps and m0nty the MRP :-X.

Master Q

CFC 1979

how about

discuss the game at hand -------------- footy ----------------------------

roo boys!

numberwang

I'm not angry, I think it just needs to be addressed.
Prospector, that's quite an arduous task to do after every game. Need some pretty committed people. I agree CFC, but sometimes a game will become a bit boring and then that's usually when the chaos begins.

Besides when you go to the footy with mates, you don't just talk about the game on - do you? And some people on FF contribute often enough they develop online 'mates' and will chat about the odd thing.

brodman_18

My two pet hates in live chat are:
1. people talking about other sports i.e. the wold cup "who is going to win the golden boot chat" did my head in. I know some of them got temp bans but seriously who would come to an AFL chat site during an AFL game and talk about soccer?
2. People who give away scores or who is winning/losing of games on at the same time.

Prospector_1

Quote from: numberwang on July 21, 2010, 12:21:57 PM
What about the idea of Chat moderators?

Prospector, that's quite an arduous task to do after every game. Need some pretty committed people.

I think chat moderators will be too much responsibility for m0nty to be happy with atm. Rightly so - livechat is a key piece of the site, with many many members.

Checking chatlogs would indeed be arduous. I won't be putting my hand up ... However, doing it live must be equally arduous. m0nty has said he checks the logs when he considers a ban. Remember also that he live edits the blogs to remove livestream links and other things too.

If anyone is serious about helping to ensure an even handed treatment of inappropriate behaviour on live chat, I think they could offer to do a game each week and bring any concerns they find in the log to m0nty's attention.

SCADDICT

For some reason I'm addicted to the chat. Alot of bickering and rubbish but funny stuff too, always end up back there(although I can't post because of my ban).