Main Menu

Banned and want to complain (merged)

Started by numberwang, July 18, 2010, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

May i ask, if someone gets banned, how do they get onto this thread and ask for the ban to be lifted.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: PowerBug on August 27, 2011, 08:42:03 PM
May i ask, if someone gets banned, how do they get onto this thread and ask for the ban to be lifted.
Chat and forum accounts are different.

hawk_88

Quote from: Fireballz on August 27, 2011, 03:31:16 PM
Am I suppose to beg and plead for the almighty mods to grant me leniency?
C'mon mate I've used this site regularly for the last 2 seasons, said one thing that was a bit inappropriate, apologised for it and asked to be unbanned, and haven't been.

Not at all suggesting you grovel.

I am suggesting you cop your punishment with grace instead of complaining and acting like you have in someway been hard done by. Do you honestly think going on about it is in anyway going to help you?

PowerBug

hawk_88

Fireballz

Quote from: hawk_88 on August 28, 2011, 12:14:34 AM
C'mon mate I've used this site regularly for the last 2 seasons, said one thing that was a bit inappropriate, apologised for it and asked to be unbanned, and haven't been.

I am suggesting you cop your punishment with grace instead of complaining and acting like you have in someway been hard done by. Do you honestly think going on about it is in anyway going to help you?
Well to be fair, this topic is called 'Banned and want to complain' :P

Honestly though, i have been asking how long I'm banned for and no-one answered me and i kinda assumed it would be over before the start of the next round. So was pretty disappointed it wasn't. Mostly coz there wasn't any warning or anything first.
And yeah you're right I shouldn't go on about it any further so I won't.
But that also means I just won't bother to try the chat.

Fireballz

Quote from: hawk_88 on August 28, 2011, 12:14:34 AM

By the way cheers for responding hawk. I do appreciate it as I haven't heard back from c4 and monty.
I voted for your away guernsey a few weeks back on the afl's 19th team thread  ;)

hawk_88

Cheers :)

C4 has been ill the past week so that would account for his absence. I saw him yesterday and he is better so he might be on in the next day or so. Don't be afraid to shoot him another PM for clarification.

I get that it is frustrating. Given the state of the chat for most of the year they really had to ban on the first strike to try and clean it up and fight those who just start a new account. I respect that you haven't just created a new account and have tried to make amends.

I guess it is just the way you have phrased it was what could cause some issues. It is difficult to gauge the tone that people will extract from our words on the internet, intentional or otherwise. It is worth taking a minute or two just to review what you write to ensure you come off as intended.

m0nty

Bans last as long as a piece of string.

I forget where I posted the reasoning behind my ban policy, so I'll write it out again.

There are many tens of thousands of people who visit FanFooty every weekend. Given this, I do not feel any need to encourage people to use the chat, since it is more than populated with people who want to chat. If you step out of line, I don't have any incentive to deal with your case quickly, or even at all, because there are plenty more people ready to chat with a better attitude and less foul language. In fact, it's probably better if there is a one-strike policy, because the only people left are those who have never acted up... which is the vast majority of you. I like those people. I'd rather have them on the chat.

Life isn't fair. I am part of life.

Fireballz

Quote from: m0nty on August 29, 2011, 03:20:54 AM
Bans last as long as a piece of string.

I forget where I posted the reasoning behind my ban policy, so I'll write it out again.

There are many tens of thousands of people who visit FanFooty every weekend. Given this, I do not feel any need to encourage people to use the chat, since it is more than populated with people who want to chat. If you step out of line, I don't have any incentive to deal with your case quickly, or even at all, because there are plenty more people ready to chat with a better attitude and less foul language. In fact, it's probably better if there is a one-strike policy, because the only people left are those who have never acted up... which is the vast majority of you. I like those people. I'd rather have them on the chat.

Life isn't fair. I am part of life.
Thanks m0nty! To be fair i think I have a good attitude on chat and contribute to it but in this instance on chat I answered a smart ass question with a smart ass response and that was it.
I would appreciate if I could be unbanned but its your site. If I'm not unbanned, I won't create another nickname so if you don't want me on the chat then don't unban me. Either way I think I've gone on about it enough now (or too much already  :-\).
Cheers!

Master Q

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Master Q on August 29, 2011, 12:41:15 PM
Everyone deserves a second chance.
Obviously not.
However Ziplock has every right to crack it IMO, he didnt even do anything.

PowerBug

So the best option is to stay clean and put myself in a position to get banned.

hannebery2rohan

to be honest, there isn't enough banning going on. you can't help but glance at the chat when you are looking at scores and there are still quite a few people that are hoping for players to do all sorts of injuries. there should be an option to at least hide the chat. people wishing injuries on players drives me up the wall, there are too many juvenile people in the chat at times.

Jay

Quote from: hannebery2rohan on May 06, 2012, 04:50:30 PM
to be honest, there isn't enough banning going on. you can't help but glance at the chat when you are looking at scores and there are still quite a few people that are hoping for players to do all sorts of injuries. there should be an option to at least hide the chat. people wishing injuries on players drives me up the wall, there are too many juvenile people in the chat at times.
just click on blog instead of scores