Main Menu

3rd and 4th year players

Started by chrisuzz, July 17, 2010, 10:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Haha. Him and Pods look way beyond their ages :P.

Just to get this guys name out there, Brad Ebert. 3rd next playing next year. Ball magnet and averaging quite well this year with an 85 i think. Got to be in contention for me if he is priced low 300k's. Has potential to step up another notch if Kerr gets back in or if Swift gets into the lineup.

roo boys!

Bet If they watched midday TV infomertials....

Ebert worth a look but Also there is always a bit of a risk ascociated with these type of guys, but if it pays off you have the leg up on everyone else.

McRooster

Wasn't happy when Crows went for Dangerfield and not for Ebert.
Ebert superb pedigree, but I see now why Crows chose Rodney.
Fierce attack, athletic, and leadership are qualities that now put him above Ebert from an AFL perspective.
These are qualities as he enters next year that will put him in many teams as he will further implement these qualities DT wise with more midfield time in the absence of Goodwin, Edwards, McLeod?
He will not play as small fwd next year, it's been an apprenticeship. ;)

elephants

yeah ebert wont be there for me struggling to make my mids now.

Justin Bieber

Want to take a little risk next year. Choose 1 high risk/high reward player in the Back, Mids and Forwards. Might work out, might not. But if it does, Would be a beauty 8).

Barlow 21

Will S.Hill be named as a FWD next year?

Justin Bieber

I would back him to be named as a defender ahead of a forward if he is MPP. Either way would have to be tempting 8). Hasn't slowed down his second year in.

elephants

i doubt he will be named either. he has played mainly through the middle from what i have seen. i will grab plamer instead though.

numberwang

to be honest i think depends what you're after.
im finding players are hitting near premium in their fifth years.
third fourth yr's are those most likely to go up the most yeah, so you may have two of each going into a year...like hellopplz said a high risk could be a fifth yr player that'll hit keeper status and save you a trade in a position...like joey did last yr for example.

elephants

any examples of 5th year players this year numberwang?

numberwang

Quote from: elephants on August 08, 2010, 02:49:53 PM
any examples of 5th year players this year numberwang?

heath grundy? haha

pendlebury has had 10pt per game rise in his 5th. i'd need to do some research...i just remembered looking at my mock teams at the start of the year and finding 5-6yr is when they hit premium. but 3-4 usually best represent best value increase in cash and points.

elephants

okay thanks numberwang. i will just look at the '06 draft :)

elephants

players from the 2006 draft on my radar are:

andrejs everitt

jack riewoldt

james frawley

justin westhoff

thoughts or additions?

Justin Bieber

JRoo and Frawley seem the most likely options there.

elephants

okay. not liking everitt. i am not liking jroo due to the fact he needs richmond to have a good game for him to play well. also j roo gets the best defender each week :) i will be lookin gat frwaley and everitt