Maguire to Gram??

Started by Footy God, July 17, 2010, 05:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footy God

Team is as follows:
Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Hargrave, Malceski, Waters, MAGUIRE (Strijk, Davis)
Swan, GAJ, Bartel, Jelwood, Stanton, Ball (Gizzy, Shuey)
Cox, Sandi (Trengove)
Chappy, Pav, ROK, Pods, Brown, Higgins, Gia (Hitchcock, Griffiths)

4 trades.

Should I trade Maguire-Gram (straight swap)???

hardnut

nah not yet, not enough upside to burn a trade with 4 left. If Gram recaptures 100+ form then maybe go for it. I'm considering Gram for Shuey as I have a few def/mids in the backline.

Plastic Boy

yeah good call, Gram for Sheuy in the mid for DPP....

He'll tank big time with still a B/E over 100, MMM radio had nothing good to say about Gram saying he looked fat and sluggish.

8 weeks off will do that but he'll need to find some scoring form before I consider.

Roo looks like he'll be a straight swap for Ballantyne in 2-3 weeks

roo boys!

m0nty gave him the burger :D :D

Nah, Roo won't be a perfect straight swap for Balla, but not to much cash will be needed.

Plastic Boy

Yeah I was getting a bit carried away, but Roo is up against the red hot Hawks this friday and I'd love to see him go down another 30-40k.... 

Then the saints have a pretty easy run home after that, so could be a good time to jump on.

roo boys!

Agreed, still has a massive b/e and so I think 2 more weeks to get his body right and then he is in.

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on July 18, 2010, 08:51:51 AM
m0nty gave him the burger :D :D

Nah, Roo won't be a perfect straight swap for Balla, but not to much cash will be needed.
m0nty sure did! I thought Collingwood players would have more worried about him - it looked like he'd been eating a few pies!

Maguire measures up well against Gram, but it's that mid bench that needs help - just in case ;)

roo boys!

Agreed with three Cats in the mids you need cover as it is a very likely scenario that they get rested.

Footy God

Apparently Shuey likely to return to AFL by round 19/20. If Gizzy is named next week I might do the trade. Bit worried about Hitchcock, out of form, Hope he doesn't get dropped and leave me with no emergencies.

roo boys!

Quote from: Footy God on July 18, 2010, 11:38:01 AM
Apparently Shuey likely to return to AFL by round 19/20. If Gizzy is named next week I might do the trade. Bit worried about Hitchcock, out of form, Hope he doesn't get dropped and leave me with no emergencies.
Isn't all of Port Adelaide out of form?

Footy God

@Roo boys-Yep, true. I think he should be right to keep his spot. Motlop would have to be dropped before him. Surely they would want to keep on playing their youngsters. Can't see who would take his spot....

roo boys!

Exacly, no reason to be concerned over Hitchcock. Deal with some bigger issues, I doub that Gizzy will return soon if this season although Shury may be close to a return.

Footy God

Bump! So what are people thinking, would like to here some more opinions on Gram? Why did he score so high in DT last year and low the years before? Will he return to form this year?

roo boys!

Me again,  ;D I doubt that he will get back into that form this year, I picked him up pre round 1 and he has been nothing but a disappontment. Get him at your own peril, he just look out of it this year, perhaps age? How old is he?

McRooster

Gram's injury concern with hip? earlier has him in a different role than last year. It's more limited TOG and his role this year under Lyon that reminds me of Luke Ball last year.
He's got the goods but is struggling to get the chance to deliver.
Maguire has had his warm up game return and is playing Cats and Dees in next two weeks, teams he scored 94 and 95 against earlier in the year.
Keep Maguire. ;)