Liam Anthony trade

Started by Queenslander, March 31, 2009, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queenslander

Liam Anthony as most people know is out for a 6 stretch. Like many, Anthony is sitting on my mids bench and is pissing me off. I also have Raines, but I will keep him for the time being.

I was thinking to trade Anthony next rd (I dont like sideway trades), after another rd for the other cheap players to play (to see whether or not they're one hit wonders).

Mitch Robinson looks the likely candidate, although i will wait to see if he is in the Blues side when the full complement of players return for them. Anthony is gonna be a great downgrade option by rd 8 - 10.

Please unload some thoughts on this topic.

SimonOz

Queenslander........as much as sideways trades suck.....I cant see how you cant do this.

Anthony just becomes the downgrade later on, and you can add to your $$ in te meantime.

Rorschach

yeh i already have robbins on the bench and rich starting so will be looking at this weeks games to find an anthony replacement.

SimonOz

The only rook mid that will stay in his side is Mitch at Carlton mate....Dangerfield looked good in Adelaide too....but I just cant see Carlton not blooding this guy for the first 6+ games......

BlueBoy

i'm pretty sure we love mitch at carlton...he is the most likely of the rookies to play all season.  The only reason he'd miss is through injury.  Fisher i think will be left out of the team.  Carazzo, Walker, Grigg to come back for Joseph, Garlett, and Russell/Johnson (maybe hadley)

SimonOz

Blue - whats the thought on Jacobs game last weekend mate ?

BlueBoy

Not bad actually, he seemed to beat browne easily, which when you think about it isnt actually that great!  But leuenberger this week will not do any harm.  A game against Hille will test him.  He should easily play the first 10 games i think, unless he really struggles.  I'm a bit confused about why we have so many ruckmen anyway. 

Hampson was allegedly "better than Kreuzer"...so much for that ey!  And Jacobs, i dont really see a future for?  I am quite pissed we got warnock actually, anyone rate him?  I know nothing about him, but with so many ruckmen i dont think its worth it!

However i hear cloke is expected to not last much longer in the team.