Top 4 soccer teams and players!

Started by HillHero13, July 12, 2010, 07:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

Oh wow. Must mean Gerrard is the worlds best player. Look at all those individual awards. Took his team to 6th and played some of the worlds worst football this season. Stop watching football on the paper, and start watching it on the field.

Andrew3737

Iniesta, arguably the best attacking midfielder in the world.

Euro 2008 Team of the tournament
Don Balón Award for Best Spanish Player of the Year: 2009
La Liga's Best Attacking Midfielder: 2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2009

WOW. He only has 4 awards compared to Gerrard who has many!! That MUST mean Gerrard is a better player then Iniesta. IT HAS TO RIGHT??!!!!! Like to understand this game is SOOOOOOOOO simple yeah? WHoever has the most awards is clearly the better player!!!!!

Justin Bieber

He is a great indivdual player. But as Andrew said, if you also include team efforts.....

Have to say Essien is a great player. On field he is but not fantasy wise. Is a game breaker with his pace and passing. Just doesn't get as much attention as others as he doesn't score goals, assists, etc.

Andrew3737

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 16, 2010, 05:49:32 PM
He is a great indivdual player. But as Andrew said, if you also include team efforts.....

Have to say Essien is a great player. On field he is but not fantasy wise. Is a game breaker with his pace and passing. Just doesn't get as much attention as others as he doesn't score goals, assists, etc.

Just means Essien isn't anywhere near Lampard and Gerrard for stat watchers who only look at the assists and goals when the game is over

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 16, 2010, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 16, 2010, 05:49:32 PM

Just means Essien isn't anywhere near Lampard and Gerrard for stat watchers who only look at the assists and goals when the game is over
Kinda like those who play DT and not SC ;D.

Andrew3737

Master Q

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 16, 2010, 05:43:12 PM
Oh wow. Must mean Gerrard is the worlds best player. Look at all those individual awards. Took his team to 6th and played some of the worlds worst football this season. Stop watching football on the paper, and start watching it on the field.
Andrew - Says he knows a lot of soccer.
QuoteTook his team to 6th
After that, I find it hard to believe. Anyone who knows soccer has to know that there isn't such thing as a 1 man team. Liverpool had a horrible team this season compared to other big name teams, so no point there.

----------------------
Next, he may of had a bad season but does 1 bad season make him the worlds worst player?
---------------------------------

In this post, you just burned yourself:
QuoteIniesta, arguably the best attacking midfielder in the world.

Euro 2008 Team of the tournament
Don Balón Award for Best Spanish Player of the Year: 2009
La Liga's Best Attacking Midfielder: 2009
UEFA Team of the Year: 2009

WOW. He only has 4 awards compared to Gerrard who has many!! That MUST mean Gerrard is a better player then Iniesta. IT HAS TO RIGHT??!!!!! Like to understand this game is SOOOOOOOOO simple yeah? WHoever has the most awards is clearly the better player!!!!

Hey Andrew, what league is Iniesta in? Tell me.

Also, I never, never said Gerrard is the world best player, I just said he's better then Essien. Do some research, or at least look at the previous post.

Andrew3737

How about you actually watch a football game, then come back. By the look of it, and by using individual awards to find out the better player, you don't watch much.

I honestly don't get what you are talking about with the Iniesta thing? He plays for La Liga and Gerrard plays for the EPL. I get that. I was proving a point by Iniesta having fewer awards then Gerrard, but is still the superior player.

If you know Liverpool, you know that Gerrard is "Captain Fantastic" and is the heart and soul of Liverpool FC.

So I take it you don't know much/anything about the clubs or the sport they play?

Also, what makes Gerrard better then Essien? You haven't done one single thing in explaining why and how Gerrard is better other then copy and pasting awards from Wikipedia.

RobsOverAchieverss

Also, what makes Gerrard better then Essien? You haven't done one single thing in explaining why and how Gerrard is better other then copy and pasting awards from Wikipedia.
[/quote]No Comment. Actually one becuase you say something doesn't mean its correct.

Justin Bieber

Can't take anything away from Gerrard though. He is a great Attacking Midfielder. One of the best in the EPL and maybe the world. Would definately be in my top 20 for EPL. Isn't the best but hard doubt his skills.

If you want goals and assists from attacking midfielders, he certainly does that. Great leader as well. Essien does his job by keeping his defence strong and stopping the opposition while setting up attacks. 2 different players to compare who have positive effects on their teams.

Andrew3737

No Comment. Actually one becuase you say something doesn't mean its correct.

When I say a statement, I back it up with why and how. Neither you or Master Q have done that. Also, I never said top 20 EPL. Some guy who randomly joined the debate did. I just said top 20 and he assumed.

RobsOverAchieverss

yes we have actually but you dont listen to anything because you think you know everthing no one else knows what there talking about! but i could understand if you where comparing a decent player. Essien is an important team player he is not a great individual, he can break up the play links well with defence and is good at breaking up the play but thats it. You Can't compare the two because Gerrard is another class, video games or sats dont matter it personal preference so remember other people are aloud opinions, to say to Q and i too watch football i know for a Fact we would watch the same if not more than yourself, Like you also said Messi wasn't going to play well for Argentina and he was the most exciting players of the tounament didn't score but played like he plays at Barca, So i just think every has differing opinions and none of them are necessarily incorrect.

Andrew3737

"He is not a great individual"

I stopped at there. I couldn't read anymore.  Seriously? What the hell.....

Andrew3737

Rob, I seriously thought you were packed full of decent knowledge. However, after that last post, I may have to question it...

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 16, 2010, 07:15:54 PM
Rob, I seriously thought you were packed full of decent knowledge. However, after that last post, I may have to question it...
LOL likewise i think this thread is exhausted differing opinions, Q is in fantasy footy with us in the FF league u should play Andrew test your football knowledge! Curious what star sign are you?