Top 4 soccer teams and players!

Started by HillHero13, July 12, 2010, 07:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobsOverAchieverss

Premier league was formed in 1992, and they where founded in 1902 pretty sure.

Andrew3737

Gerrard being picked as captain would have nothing to do with him being a  better player. However, I do agree that I think Gerrard is a better player, he had a shocking season and Lampard has over taken him.

Chelsea were the best team in England last season, so how are they not great? I mean, in the 2009 Semi-Final, they dominated Barcelona's midfield. Essien is the key and easily the best midfielder in England and 2nd only to Xavi.

RobsOverAchieverss

Guess thats your opinion..Dont agree with it Chelsea have Done nothing in Europe Compared to Man U and have never won the Champions League.Europe is the true test of a quality team.Essien 2nd Xavi in Epl? Essien is a good player i wouldn't put him in the class of Gerrard,Lampard,and Fabregas he is a solid hardworking player who can score occasional cracker goals..Iknow you go for chelsea but essien best midfielder in EPL? thats ridiculous, there is a reason he doesn't get the accolades of a gerrard or a lampard.To call a team great.. 1 runner up in Uefa Champions league. Man U epl titles since 92 = 11 titles chelsea=3 come on andrew.

Andrew3737

I go for Man Utd.......

Essien is just a huge beast. Easily the best. It isn't even close. You look at the things he does inside the game and there is no one else in the world that does it better then Essien. He held Xavi so well and has held Fabregas and Gerrard every time Chelsea have played Liverpool and Arsenal since 2005. Essien partnered with Lampard is just god. Chelsea have appeared in the quarter finals since 2003 untill last season. Chelsea also reached 3 Semi-Finals and 1 Final in 3 years. Pretty damn good if you ask me.

RobsOverAchieverss

Quote from: Andrew3737 on July 13, 2010, 10:18:26 PM
I go for Man Utd.......
i thought u went for chelsea? and surely you would then?

Fletch74

Rob, I tend to agree with Andrew. Whilst Essien may not have the flare that Lampard/Gerrard/Fabregas etc he holds that midfield together and allows Lampard to show off his flare. If you look at Essien's scoring in the EPL fantasy, excluding last year due to injury, he manages to achieve a lot of bonus points due to his ability on the park.

The others stand out more due to their goal scoring rather than just their dominance in a game. It is very close though.

As for the best team in England, it has to be Man Utd due their achievements since the forming of the EPL, however they are also the one's who've had the money to splash around as well. the game is too lop sided now, unless you have an owner with $$$ you have no chance. Who knows in 20 years we may be saying Man City is the best team because they're spending all their money now...

Maybe I'm just jealous because Forest are still in the Championship, even though we did win 2 European Cup's (more than Chelsea has won), but it is difficult for any team to succeed without the $$$

HillHero13

i think chelsea can go win the UEFA champions league now that they have spent money...

Andrew3737

Don't forget Arsenal as well Fletch :P

RobsOverAchieverss

LOL OK well if he scores good fantasy points well he must be good, Essien no doubt works hard and is the glue in Chelseas midfield thats does not make him a great midfielder he is important!!!...You cannot seriously think he is better than gerrard or lampard?seriously .....The question Wasnt who is the most succesfull team who didnt spend alot of money? the question was who was the best team in England!! Man utd have had sustained success, money was not a factor like it is now, back when the league was formed it was an even playing field. Chelsea where no means a poor club before Abrahamovich they would of been richer than Man U...when they signed the likes of vialli zola lebouef.

RobsOverAchieverss

Also would love to be in your fantasy league if you have essien  ;)

Fletch74

Rob, I agree that Lampard and Gerrard etc score more fantasy points than Essien as they score goals, have assists, etc. I probably won't have Essien in my side. I was just pointing out in regards to Bonus points that he often gets 3 points for being the best on the park for controlling Chelsea's gameplay.

As I said it is a debate that could be discussed for hours.

HillHero13

ok lets settle this....

i meant for this topic to be for favorite..

i missed the 'Your' before 'Top'

Man U have been more succesful than chelsea

Essein play a different role to lampard and gerrard so can't compare them..

Master Q

Can we please agree on something here, Is it best team in history or now.

Best team in Premier League now is Chelsea, Best team in English History, no it's not Man U, It's Liverpool. Recently you would say I'm crazy, but look at the Stats, Liverpool dominate. But I do agree that Man U is better since the forming of the EPL, but not of all time. Don't forget that Liverpool are the poorest out of the Top 4 teams, compared to Man U who have always had the money.

Essien: I agree with Rob on this one, not up to Gerrard, Lampard and Fabregas level. Might want to add the Gerrard is better then Lampard aswell.

RobsOverAchieverss

agree liverpool are the best off all time in English football but Man U in the premiership and chelsea of last season...but lampard is not better.

Master Q

Quote from: RobsOverAchieverss on July 14, 2010, 06:45:42 PM
agree liverpool are the best off all time in English football but Man U in the premiership and chelsea of last season...but lampard is not better.
I know, I said Gerrard was  ???