Luke Ball

Started by Plastic Boy, July 12, 2010, 05:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Boy

Well its come to the time where I cant handle his average performances.

With DT finals approaching I am on the verge of trading him this week, but almost want to let him have 1 last crack at the Saints.

Does anyone actually have him, and are they keeping him leading into the finals.

I want Chapman into the Mid to create DPP. 

Sweenfury

Give him another week against the saints, he is bound to have a good game :)

didak4

I think you are being a bit harsh here labelling his performances average. He has lifted his average from 83 last year to over 90 this year, and has only missed one game. He is an in and under hard ass that feeds out handballs, but also creates a contest at ground level, not usually condusive for huge DT scores, so a 90+ average is solid.

I'm ranked 600th and I only traded him out 2 weeks ago for Ablett, so he has been serviceable and done his intended job, and that was provide solid scoring before a mid season premium upgrade. So having said that, I would say trade him out this week for a premium. His BE is 128 so now is the time to pull the trigger.

Windigo

Hayes and Ball are like brothers.

Both hard ball gatherers. Great to watch.  ;)

I read some where in a DT magazine: "Expect Ball to average in the 90's"

McRooster

Luke ball has averaged 114.33 for rnd 16 in three out of the last four years, shows he gets his body up and running right about now ;)

Jimbo_11

traded him to boyd last week, won me my match
he has deffs been dissappointing lately but he will get up against the saints

mattyondrums

Im trading Ball for Pav this week. I doubt Ball will make his b/e this week and Pavs a bargain right now

Footy God

@Matty-Huge waste of a trade! Hold Ball. He will come good.

I'm keeping him, all players around his price (Goodes/Judd) will only average 5-10 points max more.

mattyondrums

I've got 14 left so I think it'll be ok, +i'll have some money from buying Pav that I need to put into my backline

browny_wce

Quote from: Jimbo_11 on July 12, 2010, 11:44:20 PM
traded him to boyd last week, won me my match
he has deffs been dissappointing lately but he will get up against the saints
i wouldnt say ball has been disappointing, he hasnt been a 100+ avg DTer for a long time now.
for his price and his level of DT ability i think hes been quite good this year
again  i have regrets and wish i didnt start with him, shudve started with trengove, but yeh went ball to mckenzie round 3 and was a bit of a waste of a trade

Plastic Boy

I've decided to get rid of Ball this week.  He's not producing the scores I want out of my midfielders, so deciding whether to go Boyd, Chapman or Montags.

Leaning towards Boyd for the fact they shouldnt rest him, where Chappy and Montags could be in line for a week off soon.

Thoughts?

ossie85

Ball against his old team - expect him to shine.

How many trades left?

Plastic Boy

5 left... Ball has already played the Saints this year and didnt perform that greatly.

I think the Saints will prove to be too much for Ball.  He might get plenty of tackles but he doesnt win enough of the pill to score highly.

I want Boyd because of his all round game, possessions, marks, and tackles. 

thatguy

Quote from: Plastic Boy on July 14, 2010, 04:28:04 PM
5 left... Ball has already played the Saints this year and didnt perform that greatly.

I think the Saints will prove to be too much for Ball.  He might get plenty of tackles but he doesnt win enough of the pill to score highly.

I want Boyd because of his all round game, possessions, marks, and tackles.
+1

ball has had his motivation v the saints... it came in rd 1 of the preseason when he got a 100.