Which one to take? And why?

Buddy Franklin
Adam Goodes
Matthew Pavlich
Stevey Johnson
Other... (Daisy, Higgins, Riewoldt etc)

Crow

Which one to select?

Throw in Daisy, Higgins, Boomer, N&J Riewoldt to the argument too.

Ill be bringing in Blair & Boyd to my midfield. Just undercided on my fwd's.

Buddy on fire but not cheap. Pav likely to spend more time in midfield with barlow down. Goodes always hitting his straps this time of year and Stevey J coming back refreshed and now doubt dangerous. Then you can debate for Daisy and the others and it is an interesting argument.

With Watts, Ziebell & Hitchcock in my fwd line, i can afford to pick up 2 guns and a cheap (likely to be TDL or Tarrant) rookie

Crow

Forward line already consists of:

Chapman, ROK, Gia, Didak, Davis, Hitchcock, Watts... with Brown & Ziebell on the bench.

Needs 3 trades done.

plugz19

pav has never been more affordable for a gun, 337k?
snap him up now!

roo boys!

Are you going to be trading out Ziebell or just the three rookies because you should trade out JZ. Then you may have more cash and Buddy will be easy to afford.

Out of which one to select, well:

Buddy    My pick of the lot, he has been in amazing form and has been firing every week. Hasn't shown any signs of slowing down and with the form that Hawthorn are in, he is absolutely shining.

Pavlich   Will get midfield time and you can't go wrong with this guy, but he has just not been matching Buddy these past 5 or so weeks and had a bad one a couple of weeks ago, bounced back this week but will still only really score you 100-110 when he has a good week, while Buddy can/will pull out some awesome 130+ weeks.

Goodes   Agree that he often seems to find his way around this time of year, and last week was awesome but can we be sure that he can keep that up or was it just a once off thing? You can't ignore the shocking scores that were coming before this and if I were you I wouldn't want to risk him getting back to those 40's when you could get one of these other guys mentioned that will get 110+.

Steve J    Hand injury? If you are going to do the trades in the next two weeks he won't be back I don't think. Even after he comes back, he was having a few down weeks and ending his great form before he broke his hand and 4 weeks out won't help. He probably will be looked after when he comes back and eased into it, they won't want to have him out for the finals. No.

plugz19

Quote from: roo boys! on July 12, 2010, 04:14:23 PM
Are you going to be trading out Ziebell or just the three rookies because you should trade out JZ. Then you may have more cash and Buddy will be easy to afford.

Buddy    My pick of the lot, he has been in amazing form and has been firing every week. Hasn't shown any signs of slowing down and with the form that Hawthorn are in, he is absolutely shining.

Pavlich   Will get midfield time and you can't go wrong with this guy, but he has just not been matching Buddy these past 5 or so weeks and had a bad one a couple of weeks ago, bounced back this week but will still only really score you 100-110 when he has a good week, while Buddy can/will pull out some awesome 130+ weeks.

Goodes   Agree that he often seems to find his way around this time of year, and last week was awesome but can we be sure that he can keep that up or was it just a once off thing? You can't ignore the shocking scores that were coming before this and if I were you I wouldn't want to risk him getting back to those 40's when you could get one of these other guys mentioned that will get 110+.

Steve J    Hand injury? If you are going to do the trades in the next two weeks he won't be back I don't think. Even after he comes back, he was having a few down weeks and ending his great form before he broke his hand and 4 weeks out won't help. He probably will be looked after when he comes back and eased into it, they won't want to have him out for the finals. No.

the thing is if he trades in pav now he save at least 70k for another upgrade later...
ive got buddy and pav and im defs loving buddys form atm

roo boys!

Quote from: plugz19 on July 12, 2010, 04:21:35 PM

the thing is if he trades in pav now he save at least 70k for another upgrade later...
ive got buddy and pav and im defs loving buddys form atm
but if i could afford Buddy over Pav I would surely get him. Scores over Cash.

CuStArDaRm

if Roos keeps him in the midfield 100% Goodesy.
But I guess thats the risk you take because who the fvck knows what Roos is thinking half the time ;) That said he's a great coach.

Ive had Pav all year and he's been really consistant but hasnt had any massive games and i guess for the last 7 games you would want to bring sum1 in who will get some massive scores.
If it was me Id be torn between Goodes and Buddy.

Long story short Goodes If he keeps gettin midfield time.

Crow

I can afford everyone so i think with $200k in the bank & 6 trades that i will do the following:
THIS WEEK: Ziebell out, Buddy In. Moles out, Blair in.
NEXT WEEK: Watts (Or Hitch) out, Goodes (if he scores big this week) or Pav
WEEK AFTER: JKT out, Boyd in

Have i ruled out Daisy Thomas or anyone else out there?

Thanks for the help, its been good thus far. Little bit of tidying still to do

morgan1132

Nick Riewoldt!!!!!

he is gonna be dirt cheap in a few weeks assuming it takes him a couple more weeks to find some form...

look at the teams the saints vs in DT finals;

Port
North
Richmond
Adelaide

Potential for some huge scores there with saints hitting there straps with the captain back and no chance he will get rested cos he needs the game time.   He has to be the only option for forward upgrades in my opinion with most forwards havin crummy averages

hardnut

The beauty of your current forward line is all the serious options will give significant points boost. I'm doing a similar comparison so thought I'd throw a few stats out to mull over:

player, 5 game avg, season avg, price, Scores: <60,60-79,80-99,100+

Franklin, 104, 97, $412, 0, 2, 5, 4
Pavlich,   80, 94,  $335, 1, 3, 7, 4
Johnson, 89, 94, $386,  1, 4, 3, 5
Goodes,  92, 92,  $346,  1, 2, 7, 5
Thomas,  90, 96,  $377, 0, 3, 7, 5
others to consider
Sylvia,        87, 88, $337, 2, 2, 1, 4
Rioli,         103, 84, $369, 2, 6, 1, 5
J Riewoldt 106, 92, $403, 1, 3, 7, 4

If there's a mistake in there --oh well

Franklin - awesome, annoying suspension risk, fully valued

Pavlich - crappy form, reasonably solid but no x-factor, well priced, I don't like him in the midfield.

Johnson - inconsistent, fully valued, huge x-factor, one for the brave

Goodes - consistent scorer despite recent form and popular opinion, upside in scoring and price, now declared big score potential

Thomas - captain solid, more consistent and higher scorer than Pav if looking for consistency, no x-factor

of the others I'll just do N.Roo

J Riewoldt - better DT form than Buddy, cheaper, only forward target, more unique

All up I'd go Goodes for cheaper option or J.Riewoldt if spending more...

Now that is a looooong post :P

thornz23

I would be going Buddy. Looks in great form atm. I myself have all 4 lol but if u can afford any of them i would be going buddy at this point in time

Crow

Great post by you Hardnut... That has helped a great deal. But ill still be pondering all week what to do.

My oder at this stage of the week (ha) is: Franklin, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Pav.

J Riewoldt, Stevey J & Daisy just too risky i believe.

McRooster

I have Buddy and Stevie J, going to go Jz to Pav, maybe Pods to Goodes.

I like all four ;D

P.S. Good work hardnut 8)

hardnut

the stats would suggest Daisy is not risky at all unless he starts copping a tag which is unlikely IMO. Likewise J.Riewoldt has great consistency,just a victim of the "what if the Tigers bomb?" syndrome.

I'm adding Goodes to my side for now and hoping to round out with an N.Riewoldt swap, trades permitting in a couple of weeks.

McRooster

nice work too roo boys! 8)